URGENT HELP HIGH AMMONIA!!!!!!!

Bassman89

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 1, 2006
Rockin down the Highway USA
do yourself a favor and purchase a decent kit that tests for ph ammonia nitrates and nitrites. you may spend 40 bucks but you will have a way better idea of what your water quality is really like. Ditch those crappy test strips and chalk it up as a loss.Test weekly, and keep a log. Your fish-keeping skills will grow(and your fish will thank you)
yep...it will be well worth the extra money to save your fish

M|L

the asian
MFK Member
Mar 29, 2005
MY LITTLE WORLD
www.facebook.com
are you cycling your tank?

if not, then I suggest you stop feeding your fish and start doing daily water changes of 25-50%.

add some salt in your water, using 1 tablespoon per 5 gallons of water. remember to replace the salt after the water changes.

just pray that your fishes will tough it out.

JAK

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 13, 2006
mn
I tested my tank and the ammonia is 6.0 danger on the stick, it was even darker so who knows how high it is. I then tested the tap water fresh and it was 6.0 danger also. Then I tested my well water fresh and it was between the 3.0 harmful and 6.0 danger range color.
Then I though it maybe the strips so I tested a bottle of Dasani water and it was .25 safe. What do I do to keep my fish from dying?
dont think your test are any good.but your ammonia is going to get high in a cycling tank.you may lose some fish.you need to make water changes.your water from your tap is not going to be 6.0 mabey .25 your tank could get as high as 8.0 how are your fish acting right now.i use korden novaaqua+ to treet my tap water for water changes.seashems prim is another good one.try to get drops for your tests.also get nitrite test this will get high as ammonia comes down.try and keep readings no higher than 2.0
you can make this go faster by geting some used filter media.or BIO-SPIRA........GOOD LUCK

bethie_dawn

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 30, 2006
AR
I went to my sisters and tested her water and the tap read ideal for ammonia. So I do not think it is the strips. Her water is also a little bit harder because mine is very soft and hers ia just soft so I am going to go over to her house today which is about 15 to 20 minutes away and get water and I am going to get water there once a week since my mom works close by.
It is alot of work but at least my fish will be better off.
Our tap water system comes from a new place which is some nasty water because we ran out of water last year so I believe it is possible to have alot of ammonia because they are probably trying to clean the nasty water.

cichlid savage

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 25, 2006
Look up
If your tank is cycling then the ammonia wil get high. cross your fingas and say a prayer. If i remember you put guppies in the tank. I dont know if they are the hardiest fish to cycle a tank with.

Good Luck

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store