URGENT: NO center brace for 225 gallon tank

jay

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 3, 2005
Hi theres this guy selling at 225gallon but there is no center brace. its 6' x 2' x 2.5

he said ill have to add water like 10% perday so the tank will pressurize since there is no center brace. Is it safe to buy a tank like this?? is there any way i can make a center brace? or is there any other solutions?

Please help since im first in line but others are waiting if i dont respond soon enough

jay

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 3, 2005
it a all glass tank, plastic fram around it. what do you mean its harder to make a fabricate a brace for a glass aquarium?

reefman

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jul 6, 2005
In front of my tanks
its not bad my 120 has a broken center baceall i did was epoxy the brace and silicone a 5x1/2 piese of glass to each side of the glass and the brace no probs yet 1 year 1/2

islander671

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
jay said:
it a all glass tank, plastic fram around it. what do you mean its harder to make a fabricate a brace for a glass aquarium?
just meant that im not sure what type of bond you could use for glass. type of epoxy maybe?

was also thinking you could build your brace onto the frame, i have a 75 gallon with a metal framing where the brace is part of the frame.

good luck on what you decide!

rayman45

Team Rayman
MFK Member
Mar 30, 2005
staten island new york
make a eodden frame just to hold the peices like a center brace

repair

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 12, 2005
Indy
If you can figure out who made the tank you may be able to but the pastic for the top. A LFS told me they could be ordered.

How much does he want for thr tank?

Miles

Stingray King
MFK Member
Jul 2, 2005
Spokane, WA
rayman45 said:
make a eodden frame just to hold the peices like a center brace

Yeah.. Make a wood frame around the top and bottom ;) Build it into the stand.. use a vice and some heavy screws to make things nice and solid.. If it's a killer price.. If it costs alot, don't waste your time..

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store