Uruguay Collecting Trip, March 2 to 12, 2015

PUHUCBLMX2

Exodon
MFK Member
Dec 25, 2013
Costa Rica
Amazing, I had no idea this existed. Is there a place I can read more general information about these trips? Where else do you go? what are you allowed to bring back? how do you transport them exactly? what is their survival rate? etc?

FluffySackson

Gambusia
MFK Member
Aug 27, 2014
Amazing, I had no idea this existed. Is there a place I can read more general information about these trips? Where else do you go? what are you allowed to bring back? how do you transport them exactly? what is their survival rate? etc?
I believe they pack the fish into bags with oxygen OR they keep them in coolers with one of those portable airstones. Just a guess.

fishfarm

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Mar 31, 2006
Georgia
www.facebook.com
In the field we use battery powered pumps, then pack the fish in O2 and bring them back in our luggage. you are to take 220 fish from Uruguay, it's hard to get that many in 2 suitcases!

crash83

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 18, 2006
Houston,Tx
Whats the skinny on this?
Cost?
What would we need to bring?
I guess tell us how it works.

fishfarm

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Mar 31, 2006
Georgia
www.facebook.com
Hey man, You need to bring, basic clothes for collecting, some hand nets, fishing pole, bags to transport fish back home, a couple battery powered air pumps and D cell batteries. a little spending money. Your trip cost covers everything except beer. Food, lodging, in country travel, collecting and export permits are included. I budget $3000 per trip, which includes my trip price and airfare.

fishfarm

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Mar 31, 2006
Georgia
www.facebook.com
I can add people for about 2 more weeks and then we have to close this one out, anyone else interested?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store