Using penicillin to treat an infection on bamboo shark?

lovesharksmorethanmyself

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 26, 2018
Southern California
What do you guys recommend? Is it safe if I underdose? The product I am looking at is Thomas labs fish penicillin. I was wary about any kind of medication because sharks typically don’t do well with them but I’m not exactly on board with sitting here and watching him die. Was thinking of doing a microsose and seeing how he does, thoughts and experiences? Thanks

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
Not many in the salt/shark section. Hope someone replies to you. Zoodiver Zoodiver if he’s still around.

lovesharksmorethanmyself

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 26, 2018
Southern California
Thanks, hoping he decides to log back on. I noticed you’re a moderator and as I’m still getting adjusted to this site I wanted to ask if something like creating a thread following the progress of this infection would be allowed? Not yet very familiar with the rules on this site. It’s such a small community of shark keepers with a more limited amount of information on the topics, I was thinking maybe it could be beneficial if someone else ever has this type of problem I’m having they could view the thread and learn what outcomes to expect. Would hate for someone else to have to go through this

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
For any thread u can scroll to the top of the thread and there’s a watch and unwatch option. Then under ur own profiles can go to watched threads. Can quickly access it. U should have under profile on the left side of the screen a “my threads” as well so anything u crest u can look at.

Reactions: tlindsey

rodolf

Candiru
MFK Member
Apr 29, 2019
I've lost my first bamboo shark after 6 months, he begins to spin and touch the sand anormaly. For my second and actual coral catshark, after 5 months, same symptomes, but i used Tremazol with fresh water, and i've treated him, i've save him. I'm sure, all bamboo or coralcat shark will be infected (worm or others) in first year, so you must be ready to treat him before death.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store