]V[onster Puffers!!!

meegogrr

Feeder Fish
Oct 23, 2008
Tx
HI guys, I'm new to the Forum & just wanted to share a few photos of my new friend. =)

I got this King Kong Puffer (Tetraodon palembangensis?) in August; he's about 3.5 inches. He use to be shy & skiddish, but lately is beginning to familiarize with me & is becoming real bold. He swam up & bit the feeding dish just yesterday. =P I know the tank is TINY for him, but so far, he's doing great. will be looking to transfer him to big tank soon, but for now...he looks happy to me o_O

Caught of guard -lol-

this would be my third puffer, I started out with a pair of pea puffers & traded them in for a Takifugu ocellatus. Had it (Emmy) for a bit more than one year before he jumped out his tank & died. ='( Only picture I have of him b/c he was CONSTANTLY moving. very hyper puffer I had.

Well, that's all for now. I do have another tank (arrowana & severums) but this is my personal fave. Just wanted to share =) thanks!

AntiquatedReason

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 21, 2009
Chicagoland Illinois
My Fahaka and two other puffers I ordered that I was told were fahakas. Shipped from somewhere in asia/pacific area overnight. Picked up special from midway airport by my favorite local pet store. Not fahakas so I kept looking until I got one. I liked the two others so I kept them Takifugu Rubripes I believe any input would be appreciated.DSCN0063.JPG

DSCN0026.JPG

DSCN0030.JPG

vilbertlin

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 8, 2009
Germany
2pictures of our monster puffer ...

Might be a Pustulatus (hopefully) or a Pustuhaka (mixture of Lineatus and Pustulatus). Time will tell ...

No matter what, it is the most funny fish we´ve ever had.

Greetings from Germany,

Lars

Dot_4x6_300.jpg

Dot_140609.jpg

Reactions: Fishkpr

J-P

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 2, 2009
Canada
a good pic of one actually sitting still (after a tank move)

IMG_0923b.jpg

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store