VA FISH STORES

anton671

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 3, 2005
Las Vegas, NV
I live in Va Beach and I havnt found one that does. and if in the rare instance that they do get a monster fish its usually from some one that brought it in for store credit and is not a breeder.
I've checked animal Jungle on Holland road,, Fish safari on Lynnhaven Prkway, Pet paradise near Pembroke mall, and scales 'n tails in norfolk , and allpet disconters on first colonial and to me they dont have any regular stock on monster fish, besides a few of the fish I want are illegal in South Hampton Rds or most parts of VA. Like snakeheads, Piranha's, and Asian Aros. and I like silver aros but I feel the Asia Strains have better Fins and are more vibrant in color , but thats just my Opinion.... and my 2 Cents

As far as Why they are illegal, i dunno , maybe they are afraid that the fish will get loose from a tank because some know nothing idiot will try to throw a bred fish into the river and mess up the states ecosystem. just because either he/she is tired of the fish and/or they are simply stupid which makes me understand the states fear of introduced species into the ecosystem.

mrsrobertson

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 2, 2005
Rhode Island
alhollowayjr26 said:
FISH IN QUESTION PIRANAH AND SNAKEHEADS

This is due to irresponsible fish owners letting them go in local ponds/lakes because they don't want them anymore. Then they feed off of whatever is stock in it, as well as biting humans. So blame the irresponsible owners!!! :cry:

rayman45

Team Rayman
MFK Member
Mar 30, 2005
staten island new york
alhollowayjr26 said:
are ther any stores in VA that specialize in MFK
specialzie im monsterfishkeepers

alhollowayjr26

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 10, 2005
Lynchburg, Virginia
anton671 said:
I live in Va Beach and I havnt found one that does. and if in the rare instance that they do get a monster fish its usually from some one that brought it in for store credit and is not a breeder.
I've checked animal Jungle on Holland road,, Fish safari on Lynnhaven Prkway, Pet paradise near Pembroke mall, and scales 'n tails in norfolk , and allpet disconters on first colonial and to me they dont have any regular stock on monster fish, besides a few of the fish I want are illegal in South Hampton Rds or most parts of VA. Like snakeheads, Piranha's, and Asian Aros. and I like silver aros but I feel the Asia Strains have better Fins and are more vibrant in color , but thats just my Opinion.... and my 2 Cents

As far as Why they are illegal, i dunno , maybe they are afraid that the fish will get loose from a tank because some know nothing idiot will try to throw a bred fish into the river and mess up the states ecosystem. just because either he/she is tired of the fish and/or they are simply stupid which makes me understand the states fear of introduced species into the ecosystem.
Well I do thank you for your reply. Were do you get your fish, do you order them and if so where. Thanks

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store