Vacum Bagging Driftwood?

johnptc

Feeder Fish
Apr 6, 2005
los angeles
www.fishtankwebcam.com
Dr Joe;1047236; said:
If the bag were strong enough and you could pull a high enough vacuum to draw vapor from the wood till no more comes out (several days to a week), then inject pure (?) water into the bag and let soak for a week or two...yes.

But I don't think even Johnptc would try this :D.:ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL:

Dr Joe

never under estimate a lunatic :screwy: :screwy: :screwy: :screwy:

i like the rock however in this case.....

ewurm

Aimara
MFK Member
Jan 27, 2006
crashinc25;1047508; said:
What's the fun in that?
I enjoy placing rocks on wood. It's like a hobby.

crashinc25

Candiru
MFK Member
Jun 27, 2007
Yucaipa, CA
You all realize what a business venture this could be, right? All of us living in the instant gratification society wouldn't buy a instant addition to our tank rather than wait for the eventual full waterlogged piece? Oh, and BTW, I think a big *** rock sitting on top of a nice piece of driftwood look like $hit and tacky. Just my lil piece though.

<--:banhim: (meaning me!!) :headbang2

johnptc

Feeder Fish
Apr 6, 2005
los angeles
www.fishtankwebcam.com
crashinc25;1047580; said:
You all realize what a business venture this could be, right? All of us living in the instant gratification society wouldn't buy a instant addition to our tank rather than wait for the eventual full waterlogged piece? Oh, and BTW, I think a big *** rock sitting on top of a nice piece of driftwood look like $hit and tacky. Just my lil piece though.

<--:banhim: (meaning me!!) :headbang2
the rock or lead bar goes underneath...........oops

crashinc25

Candiru
MFK Member
Jun 27, 2007
Yucaipa, CA
JohnPTC, put one of those props on the driftwood! That might actually look good. Of course, I think you'd have only splinters left with all that weight!

That's it, I'm buying an industrial vacuum. Half price vacuuming for everyone!

:headbang2

johnptc

Feeder Fish
Apr 6, 2005
los angeles
www.fishtankwebcam.com
crashinc25;1047646; said:
JohnPTC, put one of those props on the driftwood! That might actually look good. Of course, I think you'd have only splinters left with all that weight!

That's it, I'm buying an industrial vacuum. Half price vacuuming for everyone!

:headbang2

very cool.........i am first in line !!!!

schaadrak

Gambusia
MFK Member
May 4, 2007
Uppinnia
crashinc25;1047646; said:
...That's it, I'm buying an industrial vacuum...
Why waste your money on a industrial vacuum when you can just buy a Michael Bolton album. It's cheaper they suck more than anything else on Earth.

Lil_Stinker

Fire Eel
MFK Member
May 30, 2006
State of Emergency
Silly question, but if you plan on 'soaking' the drift wood in epoxy, why not just make a mold & cast it in resin?

I cant see the fish enjoying the wood if it is ruined with epoxy.. My Africans tend to nibble at the wood, and I sure don't want to pay for the dental work if they bust a tooth on the epoxy :ROFL:

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store