valves

bluedempsey

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 6, 2005
Monster's r us
what kind of valve?
i have seen large check valve
so water will stop incase of overflow or siphon?

bluedempsey

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 6, 2005
Monster's r us
im back said:
so the flow will stop if the ppower goes out so it doesnt over flow the sump
yes i'm triing to find link!

guppy

Small Squiggly Thing
Apr 15, 2005
confused, lost, and lonely
There are several industial valves made that are held open by a small electromagnet so if the power fails the valve shuts, they come in several sizes. for a non power dependent valve there are captive float balls and toilet float valves which can be adapted to close a vertcle drain stand pipe if the water level falls.

dialphantom

Banned
Jul 8, 2005
www.myspace.com
id wreather go with the electric shu off thingywould it be ok to drill the holes in the bottom of the tank so i couls clean th bottom of the tank

repair

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 12, 2005
Indy
im back said:
id wreather go with the electric shu off thingywould it be ok to drill the holes in the bottom of the tank so i couls clean th bottom of the tank
Go to the plumbing store and get a one way valve for a sump pump.... I use them and they work great!

repair

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 12, 2005
Indy
im back said:
cool
thats exactaly what i need has anyone ever drilledthere holes in the bottom of a tank ?
I checked into it and it turns out some tanks can be drilled and others can not. It all depends on what kind of glass the bottom of the tanks are made of. Have you ever thought about using hang on the back overflows.... very inexpensive.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store