vampire tetra

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
It is probably going to be a Rhaphiodon Vulpinus,they seem to be all over the place,two months ago they were in all of the Philly stores and one store in south Jersey has a tank full of them,if you ask most lfs staff about that name or about the different fish in the family most of them will look at you like you are crazy.

pwmin

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Nov 26, 2007
CO via PA
www.myspace.com
krichardson;1755436; said:
It is probably going to be a Rhaphiodon Vulpinus,they seem to be all over the place,two months ago they were in all of the Philly stores and one store in south Jersey has a tank full of them,if you ask most lfs staff about that name or about the different fish in the family most of them will look at you like you are crazy.
could be a vulp. i hope you're not getting it just because he said they eat P's, lol. A small one is probably going to be toast if you put a P in there for it to eat haha. My tat is a total softy.

edit: did that make any sense, what i just wrote?

pwmin

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Nov 26, 2007
CO via PA
www.myspace.com
sounds good...keep us posted

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Im almost willing to bet that its going to be a Rhaphiodon Vulpinus,they seem to be all over the place lately.The stores in this area all had tanks full of thema few months ago and one place in Jersey still has a tank full,everyone here sells them as either sabertooth or vampire tetras.I guess that trade name covers all of the cheaper fish in this family.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Sorry for the repost,didnt notice that my first posting went through.Mods feel free to do your magic.

FisherCat

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 21, 2008
Canada,BC
Those things get huge, nasty and tend to prefer being in packs. The native folk where the tetra is from, use pirahra's as bait for the tetra. Saw the tetra's at the local Aquarium & thats what it said on the tank.

Still love the look of them through!

dzb912

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jul 16, 2007
illinois
lots of things eat piranhas in the wild
piranhas also eat alot of things in the wild
it doesent mean ats aggresive
and the teeth dont show until theyre a good size

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com