Vanilla lobster and knifefish?

Abaddon_Osiris

Feeder Fish
Jun 24, 2022
Hi all, :newbie: here, both to the hobby and to this forum. I was wondering if a 'vanilla lobster' could cohabit a tank with 2 bgks? They are still small, but I'll be moving them from the 75 gallon to something more suitable when they're a bit larger. Could a lobster be added afterwards, or is it a recipe for disaster? I know I'm already pushing it by having two bgks together, so I don't want to overstock or select any inappropriate tankmates.

If not, is there an alternative crustacean that would work?

Reactions: tlindsey

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
Hi all, :newbie: here, both to the hobby and to this forum. I was wondering if a 'vanilla lobster' could cohabit a tank with 2 bgks? They are still small, but I'll be moving them from the 75 gallon to something more suitable when they're a bit larger. Could a lobster be added afterwards, or is it a recipe for disaster? I know I'm already pushing it by having two bgks together, so I don't want to overstock or select any inappropriate tankmates.

If not, is there an alternative crustacean that would work?
Welcome aboard ?
I wouldn't risk combining the 2 species. Both Crayfish aka Lobster and the BGK like to rest in between nooks and crannies and if Crayfish finds the small BGK it will due major damage to the KnifeFish

Reactions: Fishman Dave
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store