Venustus Male or Female?

Status
Not open for further replies.

greenearthlawns

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 13, 2008
Danville, NH
Can anyone tell if this is a male or female? what size do they usually get their male coloration? This one is about 4 inches it mostly looks female but has blue lips and a little blue shimmer in face could it be male?

iamzrad

Candiru
MFK Member
Dec 15, 2008
Southern Penn
Possible female. At 4" it should already have a lot of blue coloring to be a male.

1974Pantera

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 3, 2008
San Carlos, Ca.
Great shots of......and I'm going to out on a limb and say you have a male. The bluish hue I see on the tail and the blue on the lips puts me into the male camp.

Nice looking Venustus

1974Pantera

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 3, 2008
San Carlos, Ca.
Schneider;3463978; said:
All blue lipped venustas I have ever seen have been male. Don't expect full color until it reaches 6" plus.
Nice avatar, right on subject!

greenearthlawns

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 13, 2008
Danville, NH
cool I hope it is a male~ Thanks! wow they don't get full color till 6 inches is that the case with nimbochromis fuscos as well?? if so I may have 2 males of those, they are getting blue hues in the face and body... I thought mabye it takes these guys longer than most to mature since they do get huge... with the venustus I was wondering about the yellow in the top fin mine doesnt have any yellow just white, will that show up later as well??...

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store