Vieja Synspilum males or females?

Plum7

Exodon
MFK Member
Aug 11, 2018
Canada
Quite alright mate, biffas are great fish and will look stunning when there settled.
one more question though is these 2 fish are about 6-7 inches male slightly bigger and i only had them in the tank for 2 months or so and its a community tank with 6 other different cichlids. Will they need to have more time to mature at a larger size? male doesn't quite have his hump yet and is there too much distraction with the other fish in the tank for them to mate and spawn? I'm sure if they were not a compatible pair they would have already tried to kill each other?

Plum7

Exodon
MFK Member
Aug 11, 2018
Canada
Quite alright mate, biffas are great fish and will look stunning when there settled.
one more question though is these 2 fish are about 6-7 inches male slightly bigger and i only had them in the tank for 2 months or so and its a community tank with 6 other different cichlids. Will they need to have more time to mature at a larger size? male doesn't quite have his hump yet and is there too much distraction with the other fish in the tank for them to mate and spawn? I'm sure if they were not a compatible pair they would have already tried to kill each other?

James Quarterman

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 13, 2017
West Columbia, South Carolina 29170 USA
We noticed that these two (out of 8) have similar coloration BUT color and markings in fins is completely different.

I ordered 8 for my Wife for (from our Daughters) Mothers Day. They arrived from C.O.A at 2in, today 2mnths later 4+in and coloring up more than when we got them.

Could this be a sexual difference?

roliva

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Dec 21, 2005
pa
So did the top or bottom end up being male?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store