• Crenicichla lenticulata

Votes: 31 23.1%
  • Crenicichla sp. 'venezuela'

Votes: 7 5.2%
  • Crenicichla sp. 'xingu I'

Votes: 8 6.0%
  • Crenicichla johanna

Votes: 5 3.7%
  • Crenicichla sp. 'tapajo I' (tapajos red)

Votes: 27 20.1%
  • Crenicichla sp. 'tapajos II' (cobra)

Votes: 14 10.4%
  • Other

Votes: 13 9.7%

• Total voters

Peanut_Power

Running From The Hammer...
MFK Member
Jul 6, 2005
BannedVille
www.monsterfishkeepers.com
Just wanting to see what everyone likes.There are so many different types of Lugubris pikes, as well as their regional variants, its just mind boggling. To try and narrow it down I've listed eight of the 'most common' of the Lugubris group pikes. I'm curious to see what you guys think are the most popular out of them. I'm not going to list any of the localities, just the species in general to try and help make it a little easier. If you'd like to expound on why you chose that particular species that would be awesome as well!

Peanut_Power

MFK Member
Jul 6, 2005
BannedVille
I personally voted for Crenicichla lenticulata. They have always been one of my dream pikes, are full of spunk, and can just capture your heart with their beauty.

ryansmith83

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
May 2, 2008
Florida
^ That fish is gorgeous, but I'm assuming you never see those in the trade!

I love the look of both lents and marms, but I had to vote for the marms. I'm not sure what grabs me about their appearance but I think they are beautiful. Now if only I had the tank space for all these fish.

Peanut_Power

MFK Member
Jul 6, 2005
BannedVille
Scatocephalus;4819340; said:
Cr. rosemariae

I actually left the other option in there for this specific species and tigrina. LoL

Unfortunately they are rather difficult to get. . . :nilly: . But, so was multispinosa at one time. . . . :headbang2

clgkag

Candiru
MFK Member
Feb 20, 2008
missouri
I voted for Marms, particularly rio trombetas, but cincta come in a close second.

cichlid fiend

Polypterus
MFK Member
Dec 21, 2008
New Jersey
Voted "Lent" but Peru green "Cincta" are some very attractive pikes !

Scatocephalus

Piranha
MFK Member
Jan 4, 2004
Rio Negro
Peanut_Power;4823529; said:
I actually left the other option in there for this specific species and tigrina. LoL

Unfortunately they are rather difficult to get. . . :nilly: . But, so was multispinosa at one time. . . . :headbang2
Actually, this is cheating a bit. I believe rosemariae is in the lacustris group. And I think tigrina is in the acutirostris group. I should play by the rules... :ROFL:

OK, OK... if I have to pick a lugubris group pike, these are pretty hard to beat.

Then again, these beauties are not exactly slouches!

ryansmith83

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
May 2, 2008
Florida
Scatocephalus;4824748; said:
Actually, this is cheating a bit. I believe rosemariae is in the lacustris group. And I think tigrina is in the acutirostris group. I should play by the rules... :ROFL:
Do the fish get changed/reclassified a lot? I always use pikecichlid.com for reference but it looks like a lot of that information hasn't been updated in years. They have rosemariae and tigrina listed as Lugubris.

Crenicichla are so confusing.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store