Votes: 2 2.8%

• Total voters

Peanut_Power

Running From The Hammer...
MFK Member
Jul 6, 2005
BannedVille
www.monsterfishkeepers.com
Just wanting to see what everyone likes. We have a lot of diversity, and a lot of choices. I've listed eight of the 'most common' of the Saxatilis group pikes, just want to see what you guys think are the most popular out of them. If you want to give a reason why please do.

Peanut_Power

Running From The Hammer...
MFK Member
Jul 6, 2005
BannedVille
www.monsterfishkeepers.com
I personally voted for Crenicichla anthurus as being my favorite. Cr. saxatilis and Cr. lepidota are runners up, but anthurus wins the cake for me. They just take my breath away.

MonsterMinis

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 28, 2009
Wisconsin
C. Proteus for me.. but I'm biased.. My female is a trip.. But nasty as can be.. but I think thats part of her charm.. she reminds me of a Sauger.. only prettier. This was also my first pike cichlid.

darth pike

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Apr 3, 2008
Korriban
I went with Cr. proteus since you left out the super spangled Cr. menezesi. The dorsal pattern on the female Cr. proteus is probably the best of the sax type pikes.

BigPic

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 21, 2007
Winnipeg, Canada
I have kept all of the common Sax types. . . I will always grab some Sveni when they come around, simply stunning and fantastic parents. The northern Uruguay Saxatilis is a beauty too, just so we are clear, I am kinda biased because I caught them myself LOL

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store