W/c rays

Dieselhybrid

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 31, 2010
Here
I am apprehensive to recommend that as I don't know if you are near the limits of your biological filtration capacity. Removing that could cause issues. Do you have another filter from another tank you can add?

I know a lot of people who don't remove any foams or padding. I had a bad incident so I do now. I also use pure Praziquantel powder as it bubbles the water much less than prazipro brand. I don't want to sound alarmist, but I like to inform. You're going to have to decide.

turkoman

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 25, 2008
wi
thank you
I talked to the folks from the manufacture and they say I don't need to remove any of it all should be fine.
He said be sure to not add the stuff near the overflow

Dieselhybrid

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 31, 2010
Here
Pretty much immediately there is an increase with micro bubbles, those micro bubbles kind of accumulate at the water surface and form a foam over time. If you have overflow that can help. But in that case I would watch for foam in the sump. The bubbles in k1 reactors can foam, you could lower the water level to prevent overflow, or decrease the intensity of the air stones if needed.

krabbo008

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Mar 10, 2014
concord nh
Sorry guys I have been super busy with work and haven't had a chance to get on the forum. I finished my second dose of prazi. Everyone in the tank is doing great and parameters have been stable since that first incident. I like to feed my rays worms from time to time, so I'm wondering if that should be avoided now? Can they carry parasites? I usually buy night crawlers from local gas stations. Just figured I'd ask. I'm being very careful of what I put into the system now.
Thanks

Reactions: Preacher

eddiegunks

Piranha
MFK Member
Mar 6, 2017
Tillson NY
I feed my rays worms. I too am very careful what i put in.

One of my rays only eats worms (for now) the others get worms as a supplement to pellets.

I was buying mine locally like you.....but then i ordered a few hundered online and have em in my garden/compost now.

Glad to hear all is better....

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store