Walleye

Drx6x

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Mar 19, 2015
IL
why do you want these deep cold water fish so bad? of the fish you have been asking about only the bass is really suited for the pond. but to answer you question walleye aren't active at all unless there hunting otherwise they find a favorite spot and sit.

predatorkeeper87

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2014
pennsylvania
walleye aren't active, enjoy deeper waters and also colder waters at times despite whats going to be said in this thread when the other NA keepers see it.

bass and the other smaller sunfish are your only good options for the pond.

Reactions: Frank Castle

Frank Castle

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2016
Pennsylvannia
walleye aren't active, enjoy deeper waters and also colder waters at times despite whats going to be said in this thread when the other NA keepers see it.

bass and the other smaller sunfish are your only good options for the pond.
+1 they are found in water 30 feet deep typically, cold and dark, and nocturnal hence to large glossy eyes intended to hunt critters in the dark. divemaster99 divemaster99 I have seen them in rivers here and there with deep pools but they are not restricted to a certain portion of water like in a pond. Like Smallmouths, they tend to struggle in lakes less than 5 acres and less than 20-30 feet deep

MN_Rebel

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 5, 2008
North Pole
Walleyes are NOT deep water type. They're just avoid the sunlight since their eyes are very sensitive to the light. If the waters are cloudy or silty they can be found in less than 5 feet deep. Many walleyes do excellent in shallow lakes in less than 20" ft deep. I do a lot of walleye fishing. They're more active in evenings or early mornings if the lake is very clear. Otherwise they're active all day if the water isn't clear.

Frank Castle

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2016
Pennsylvannia
Walleyes are NOT deep water type. They're just avoid the sunlight since their eyes are very sensitive to the light. If the waters are cloudy or silty they can be found in less than 5 feet deep. Many walleyes do excellent in shallow lakes in less than 20" ft deep. I do a lot of walleye fishing. They're more active in evenings or early mornings if the lake is very clear. Otherwise they're active all day if the water isn't clear.
Interesting tidbit. I'll have to remember that next time I am near a shoal of 'Eyes

Kelly_Aquatics

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jun 4, 2020
I know this thread is old but maybe someone doing erase arch on walleyes will find this helpful. I have caught walleyes in 4 feet of water in 15 foot wide rivers/ creeks always murky water though I don’t think the temperature matters as much as the light does I actually caught my 32” pb in a shallow warmer river

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store