Nov 24, 2011
Northern N.J.
Some people buy cbb and let them eat all the aipatsia

asing

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 8, 2011
New Hampshire
If I had that problem I would spend the $$ on the nudibranches and in a few months it should be gone....or if money is tight I would remove all livestock and start over...basically placing rocks in the tank and then fill it with ro water and leave it for a few weeks to a month. Also throw a blanket or something on the tank...keep it completely dark.

How large is this tank?

http://www.saltyunderground.com/product_info.php?cPath=6&products_id=70

put in tank size and it will tell you how many branches should get the job done if interested in this idea.

Good Luck I use to have a lot...they just slowly went away.. still have some
Thanks for the link, tank is a 75, the calc said i would need 6, then with shipping, would come to about 135...not an option as of now. Yeah in my biocube, they were there then seemed to thin out alot, then when i upgraded to the 75, there was only a few, now its just a rediculous eye sore, and dont want to have them in the new tank im setting up. Im trying to figure out how much I can take out and still keep my current fish in there while maintaining some sort of bio filtration

asing

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 8, 2011
New Hampshire
Some people buy cbb and let them eat all the aipatsia
Ive heard those are tough to keep so I am more looking to get a raccoon butterfly,bujt have been hesitant because my grouper is a mean sob and would most likely kill it in a couple hours. I have also thought about just transfering the the rock to the new tank and throwing a butterfly fish in there first to eat them, but idk if I want to risk another infestation.

fish042099

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Nov 24, 2011
Northern N.J.
racoon butterflyfish are hardy butterflyfish, which doesn't mean they are easy. They are susceptible to many diseases. I had one, i treated it with many different medications, let it snack on my mushrooms, bought a uv sterilizer for it, and it died on me. how big is your grouper and what kind is it? I kept mine with a 5'' MEAN sergeant major damsel

asing

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 8, 2011
New Hampshire
Grouper is about 7-8" or so, hes a blueline (in my avatar). Hes already killed a picasso trigg, and those I think are suppsoed to able to hold their own. I am hoping that when I do end up having the new tank setup, he will def go in last and maybe not take over the tank has he has done in my current setup.

fish042099

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Nov 24, 2011
Northern N.J.
Wow...triggers are aggressive. A butterflyfish would be toast.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store