WARNING: We are getting Viral Attacked

MyGiants

Piranha
MFK Member
Feb 15, 2010
North American Region
stores.ebay.com
One of my family members sent this message out to all of us.

1.) Emails with pictures of Osama Bin-Laden hanged are being sent and the moment that you open these emails your computer will crash and you will not be able to fix it!
If you get an e-mail along the lines of 'Osama Bin Laden Captured' or 'Osama Hanged', don't open the Attachment!!!!
This e-mail is being distributed through countries around the globe, but mainly in the US and Israel.
Be considerate & send this warning to whomever you know.

2.) You should be alert during the next few days:
Do not open
any message with an attached file called 'Invitation' regardless of who sent it.
It is a virus that opens an Olympic Torch which 'burns' the whole hard disc C of your computer!!!!
This virus will be received from someone who has your e-mail address in his/her contact list, that is why you should send this E-mail to all your contacts.
It is better to receive this message 25 times than to receive the virus and open it.
If you receive an e-mail called 'invitation', even though sent by a friend. Do not open it!!!
This is the worst virus announced by CNN, it has been classified by Microsoft as the most destructive virus ever.
This virus was discovered by McAfee yesterday, and there is no repair yet for this kind of virus.
This virus simply destroys the Zero Sector of the Hard Disc, where other vital information is kept.

Fat Homer

Mmmmm... Doughnuts
Staff member
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2009
----
Thanks for the heads up... definitely don't want no virus on my computer, especially with all the important work files i have on it...

BTW, this i presume only effects PC's and not Mac's?

beex215

Candiru
MFK Member
Mar 31, 2006
usa
this might be locked thread i want to be part of. thanks

MyGiants

Piranha
MFK Member
Feb 15, 2010
North American Region
stores.ebay.com
shellies215;5113638; said:
well do as you wish. Just giving a heads up. I got an Invitation spam today. Didn't open it so can't really say if its real. But why take the chance. My uncle sent it to me. He said he checked it out with Snopes and Truth or Fiction and said its real. So open at your own risk.

I read what that link says. Why would someone send out Hoax viruses. If there is no virus in the email why say there is. I looked up the other one Invitation virus also say its a Hoax. LOL who or what advantage is there in sending out Hoax viruses. How does that hurt anyone...

Spiritofthesoul

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Dec 3, 2010
Singapore
even in the cyber world, I don't feel safe :ROFL:

Pandamania

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 9, 2011
Planetwithlotsofwater
When going through my e.m., I read through the list, look at the sender and the title. I check all the boxes of the ones I plan to delete, and do delete these, before I actually open anything. ***Also a few months back, I 'unsubscribed' from all of my other hobby related sites, like quilting/fabrics, crochet/yarn clubs, recipe/baking clubs, etc. Not really because of virus or junk mail though. I did it because the LUV of my fish keeping has become my "A", #1! hobby priority. Any spare time I have is spent of my fish stuff. :D It's nice not to get all that junk e.m. Thanks for the heads-up! :headbang2

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store