Washington, or NW meet(s) discussion

Miles

Stingray King
MFK Member
Jul 2, 2005
Spokane, WA
WyldFya;1734780; said:
I'll finally be able to get away from work in a few weeks, I'm hoping to make my way over to western wa in the later part of may or early june. I'll keep you guys updated, but lets try and have more than 4 guys this time.
Get ahold of me and we can carpool and talk fish.. :D

The TRUST

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jan 19, 2005
Miami, FL
hbluehunter;1754804; said:
We're probably gonna have to keep the meet limited to a small area due to gas prices... I'm sure if we planned a lfs meet and went from Tacoma to Everett alot of guys wouldn't show due to not wanting to drop BIG $$$$ on gas.. Personally i'm up to $80.00 a tank so i'm not interested in a huge amount of driving myself.. But i'm still all over doing a meet though..
I say we do a fishing meet.

LFS hopping just doesn't sound exciting at all. Nothing good around here.

hbluehunter

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jul 20, 2007
Lynnwood, Wa.
Yea a Columbia River trip would be sweet... Any local members got a boat ????

soamtank

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 13, 2008
Vancouver, WA
Hey everyone... is this thread still active? I'm in eastern WA, really big into fishing for the last... 10 years or so. I've got some great spots for huge german brown trout/rainbows and largemouth bass here on the eastside, and mid-state I've got some absolutely killer places for american shad (though the shad are usually done for the year by now), smallmouth bass, oversized sturgeon and chinook/coho/steelhead/trout. And, if anyones up for earning some money in the squawfish scene... I've got some good places mid-state and even better places within walking distance of my house. Oh, and also a place to consistently catch 5-10 lb catfish too (within an hours drive of Pullman). Pick my brain!!!! I haven't been able to go fishing for a couple of months, the withdrawals are horrible!

I also am interested in less edible fish, odd as that may seem... haha
Relatively new to the whole fish-keeping thing (I've only had about 1.5-2 years experience my whole life), but really liking it and this thread is pretty interesting. I'm definitely interested in meeting with other Washingtonians and sharing this awesome hobby.

The TRUST

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jan 19, 2005
Miami, FL
soamtank;1885182; said:
Hey everyone... is this thread still active? I'm in eastern WA, really big into fishing for the last... 10 years or so. I've got some great spots for huge german brown trout/rainbows and largemouth bass here on the eastside, and mid-state I've got some absolutely killer places for american shad (though the shad are usually done for the year by now), smallmouth bass, oversized sturgeon and chinook/coho/steelhead/trout. And, if anyones up for earning some money in the squawfish scene... I've got some good places mid-state and even better places within walking distance of my house. Oh, and also a place to consistently catch 5-10 lb catfish too (within an hours drive of Pullman). Pick my brain!!!! I haven't been able to go fishing for a couple of months, the withdrawals are horrible!

I also am interested in less edible fish, odd as that may seem... haha
Relatively new to the whole fish-keeping thing (I've only had about 1.5-2 years experience my whole life), but really liking it and this thread is pretty interesting. I'm definitely interested in meeting with other Washingtonians and sharing this awesome hobby.

That sounds like some good spots. I'm all over the small mouth bass, catfish and sturgeon. Squawfish are cool too!

soamtank

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 13, 2008
Vancouver, WA
Cool. I know the general area where my old boss caught about 25-30 smallies that were all in the 2-5 lb range. I wasn't there when he did it, but he brought all the fish back to the USGS lab where I worked and used them for predation studies. So, I do know that he caught all those fish in one day in the same spot. I've just got to home in on the correct slough in the 1 mile stretch of the Columbia that he fished on...
Plus, those smallmouth ate nothing but juvenile coho, and plenty of them, for over a month straight. Needless to say those fish gained a lot of weight, and after the study were released back into the Columbia.

hbluehunter

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jul 20, 2007
Lynnwood, Wa.
Yea sounds like your spots are way better than any over here on the west side of the state.

hbluehunter

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jul 20, 2007
Lynnwood, Wa.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store