Water flow in 6ft tank- good setup?

Galactik

Piranha
MFK Member
May 30, 2019
I'm currently trying to figure out how much water flow would be good to have in a 6ft tank in order to eliminate most dead spots that collect detritus.

I currently have an FX 6 setup with the output right in the middle off the tank and the intake on the left side. On the right side I have a fluval c4 hob.

I'm getting great water surface agitation and no issues with filtration. However I still have various spots where debris collects.

Is there a better way to setup the water flow to be more efficient or should I add a wavemaker?

How much flow is too much for sa/ca cichlids?

I currently have 2 Dempseys, 3 firemouths and 2 carpintis in there.

20191229_192339.jpg

Galactik

Piranha
MFK Member
May 30, 2019
(Angels, shark and pleco were only there temporarily while I moved some tanks around) setup & decorations is otherwise the same

TwoHedWlf

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Mar 2, 2017
New Zealand
Angels will be the limiting factor to flow there. Those two filters wouldn't really create much current around the tank.

I'd go with something like a pair of Jebao OW-25s on opposite ends of the tank. They're pretty inexpensive, nice wide variable flow and lots of current.

Maybe upgrade to OW-50s depending on the volume of the tank. I have a 440L and a pair of OW-25s gives a reasonable amount of current on full, anything but angels would have no problem with it.

Reactions: Galactik
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store