Water Polishing

redtailfool

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Feb 17, 2005
New Jersey
couple of canisters, a wet dry and a uv.. i put a lot of filter floss on my canister to trap floating particles.. i then clean it up alternatively once a week. Replace it once a month. But i think my secret is water changes every 3rd day.

slapper

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 3, 2005
Mpls MN
Ive been using omnipure wholehouse cartrige filters on my 240. The cartriges are the pleated type (30 micron). Once a week I change out the dirty one with one thats been soaking in bleach. 6 months and I'm still using the recycled cartriges.

rayman45

Team Rayman
MFK Member
Mar 30, 2005
staten island new york
i use fluval poerheads stuffed with charchold.
i havent been lately because i just setup like 5 turtle tubs (rubbermaid tubs )
and i need them for that

orlok

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 3, 2005
St. Louis, Mo.
I use a H.O.T. Magnum with the micron cartridge. That seems to do the trick and is a lot of less work than the Vortex. Another method is the use of filter sponges. (Aquarium Technologies, Hagen, Azoo, etc.) Now I know that they're not a welcome addition to a otherwise beautiful aquascaping scheme, but they work. Especially when they're used with a powerhead (Aquarium Technolgies models)and the sponges are cultured. You'd be suprised in how well they clean up. I hope this helped.

h2orealm

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 13, 2005
Kent marine Proclear is very, very good at making water gin clear. This is not the best long term solution. But it does work very well. The best solution is good filtration. Go big or bigger when it comes to filtration.

buddah101

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 8, 2005
Jersey Shore, Pennsylvania
Diatomagic Diatom filter or D~1 Vortex. You shouldn't really need to use the diatom filters that much though. I add the normal "charge" of diatom powder and after it gets settled on the bag I will add a tsp of powdered activated carbon. This works wonders on aquarium water! you probably should find the cause of the water problem though.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store