water starwart in ponds?

syddakyd

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Nov 10, 2008
NY
I'm going to be making a native pond and I know more than likely that's a fail right there lol. I did read there are native species but I'm thinking its European. down a few blocks there is a stream that trickles into a river. anwyays there is an offshoot of the stream that is swamp like. the deepest part is probably 6 inches of water but then maybe another 6 inch of sediment and much. it looks as though some of this plant is terrestrial, some is floating, and some is submerged. it seems like the perfect plant to have in an unfiltered pond. I just want to load with plants. my neighbor has a pond on one side and on the other an unmaintained in ground pool. I live in a busy town and I'm hearing green frogs and grey tree frogs. maybe at the most toss in a dozen minnows? blacknose dace recommended? I'm thinking roughly 300 gallon size. I just want to help the frogs. ill make a shallow side and a deep side to overwinter. I should take pond muck or is regular non-treated soil ok for a base? I do not want to attract mosquitoes

Deadliestviper7

The Necromancer
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2016
Don't add any fish if u want to help frogs,but adding some marginal plants such as water arum along the edges should make frogs feel more comfortable

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store