Water Temp

Vitaliy

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 18, 2005
Brooklyn, NY
vitaliy.info
Summer is really kicking in and it was around 85F yesterday and its 88F degrees today. I was checking the water temperature, on the larger tanks the temp is steady 80-81F, then I went to check some of my smaller 10 gallon tanks and Ive noticed the temperature is jumping like hell… from 79F during the night (the way it suppose to be) to 84F right now… and it will be getting hotter outside.

Anything I should do or just let it be?

rayman45

Team Rayman
MFK Member
Mar 30, 2005
staten island new york
loVVer ur heaters a little like i do
if anything next watr change put little colder water

redtailfool

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Feb 17, 2005
New Jersey
Vitaliy said:
Summer is really kicking in and it was around 85F yesterday and its 88F degrees today. I was checking the water temperature, on the larger tanks the temp is steady 80-81F, then I went to check some of my smaller 10 gallon tanks and Ive noticed the temperature is jumping like hell… from 79F during the night (the way it suppose to be) to 84F right now… and it will be getting hotter outside.

Anything I should do or just let it be?
Thats fine.. if it goes higher say 87 above.. watch the fish closely for discomfort.
You can fill tupperware container with water and freeze it. Dump that in the tank and
it should help. You can also open the lid and put a fan in that direction..

Loubard

Fire Eel
MFK Member
May 17, 2005
EU
My heaters are equiped with a thermostaat (thing that controles the temp.) so i don't have to put the heater lower.
Ex. If my water temp. reaches more than 28 C my heater won't go on anymore. Don't you all have that?

piranha45

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Mar 30, 2005
kay
Loubard said:
My heaters are equiped with a thermostaat (thing that controles the temp.) so i don't have to put the heater lower.
Ex. If my water temp. reaches more than 28 C my heater won't go on anymore. Don't you all have that?
the thermostats on some heaters, particularly Whisper brand, are very faulty. You'll set them to 75, and then they'll heat your tank 95. Many people have lost entire tanks of fish due to problems like this.

WckedMidas

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Mar 31, 2005
BODYMORE MD
what they mean is that if your average tank temp is 79 at and then jumps to a high 84 or what ever its jumping to. To help prevent your fish from cooking. Lower the temp on the heater to like 74 . 74 aint bad for the fish. Anyways. When the sun starts heating them up during the day it for one will take longer to reach the 84 degree highs. Also by lower the temp it probly wont get as high

M|L

the asian
MFK Member
Mar 29, 2005
MY LITTLE WORLD
www.facebook.com
My tank is now 88F I had to lower the temperature setting on my heater to 77F.

I'm starting to do water changes with cold water to keep the temperature around 84F.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store