We meet again...suvatti

PYRU

Probation Member
Probation Member
Apr 8, 2015
SE
Ive used to keep an Arothron hispidus. Its an amazing fish to keep but id rather go with an Arothron immaculatus instead. They are more savage feeders and become really social. Then one i traded for my hispidus was a blast to keep and i regret today 3 years later i took down my swtank and sold the puffer.
I like the immaculate as well, but was afraid they'd be timid like a dogface. I just haven't seen any except on Google. I was hoping to round things off with a arothron though. I was originally looking at a s/s and a reticulated.

Tobiassorensen

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jul 23, 2017
Sweden
I like the immaculate as well, but was afraid they'd be timid like a dogface. I just haven't seen any except on Google. I was hoping to round things off with a arothron though. I was originally looking at a s/s and a reticulated.
They are not timid IMO. I had to net it everytime i had my hands in yhe tank or it would bite me.

headbanger_jib

Doomsday Device
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Nov 12, 2007
india
The only puffer clean up crew I can keep organized and alive is guppy fry.
I keep adding tiny guppy fry slowly over the weeks.

The fry will act like tiny gnats around my larger puffers.
The smaller puffers are like the terminators and stop at nothing until the mission is complete dwindling my fry tactic quickly.

In time the guppies act like food reserves that eat small leftovers, but I have keep a small breeder tank to start with.
I use small barbs, with my mbu, the suvatti and the baileyi however are too predatory when they see small fish to let them live for long, but they are ok with snails, I use snails in their tanks to eat uneaten or undigested food

PYRU

Probation Member
Probation Member
Apr 8, 2015
SE
This thing is like a totally different fish being in a higher traffic area with more room. I need to add some more rocks it only goes where's there's plenty of rocks.

Funky pics but its hard to get on the side with a viv I have beside it

0602191422_Film1.jpg

0531191828_Film1.jpg

PYRU

Probation Member
Probation Member
Apr 8, 2015
SE
Still not the most outgoing thing in the world but getting better. Refuses to eat in front me.

0609191228_Film1~2.jpg

Reactions: DMD123

headbanger_jib

Doomsday Device
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Nov 12, 2007
india
Still not the most outgoing thing in the world but getting better. Refuses to eat in front me.
I have a very different experience with this fella, the one I have is extremely outgoing and a voracious eater.

The baileyi that I have is so damn shy that I have to put food in front of him and go away before he would eat.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store