websites I can order live fish from?

Fish_tank_dude_96

Black Skirt Tetra
MFK Member
Feb 15, 2017
Looking for the best and most trust worthy websites to order freshwater fish from. Is this common for people to do? Please let me know.

Alexxxxsv14

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Nov 28, 2008
anaheim/orange CA
What fish are you looking for

Yuki Rihwa

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 22, 2015
Asia
Reactions: Fat Homer

Yuki Rihwa

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 22, 2015
Asia
More docile fish, discus, angelfish. Schools. Ram fish, I like colorful fish
Check these out:
http://www.liveaquaria.com/
http://****************/ (well, look like this website blocked the link) :p
I used to order freshwater fishes from them and fish arrived alive, ontime and healthy without diseases.
Also, most species in your list are readily available in most LFS and the shipping from online order would make your $2 dollars fish value become at least 3 times higher depend on how many fish your order at 1 time.

kewpiefishypewpie

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 21, 2016
Yeah if those are the fish you're interested in I would just get them at an LFS. Or I've heard good things about liveaquaria.com.

Reactions: magpie

kewpiefishypewpie

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 21, 2016
+1 for wetspot, I ordered from them recently and would again for sure.

Fish Tank Travis

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Feb 28, 2016
Dayton, OH
Tangled Up in Cichlids is a good place for cichlids.

DiscusHansUSA is a good place for discus. Also, Uncle Sam's Discus has gotten a lot of praise, although they've only been around a few years.

Checking out what's in your LFS isn't a bad idea either.

duanes

MFK Moderators
Staff member
MFK Member
Jun 7, 2007
Isla Taboga Panama via Milwaukee
Depending on where you are from, there may be breeders of these fairly common fish in your area, especially if you are from a major city.
And one of the best ways to find out is thru your local aquarium society.
Large cities like Chicago have more than one, (the green water aquarium society and greater Chicago cichlid association) and they each hold auctions and swap meets, where angel fish and others you mention come up every 3rd or 4th bag. And many of these fish are already acclimatized to your specific areas water conditions.
And many states have similar groups, I have been to meeting in Tamps, Detroit, Milwaukee Chicago and others, where members sell, trade, and auction off fish at every meeting..

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store