Weird poop

Caveden

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jul 21, 2020
Wow. That's awful man. I'm very sorry for your losses. That looks bacterial. Don't know for sure. I have suffered a few losses by rushing things myself. U live and u learn. I did anyway. Very sorry for your loss again. Sorry I couldn't be more help.
Bacterial infection can spread?

Reactions: Matteus

Matteus

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 6, 2018
Canada eh
Bacterial infection can spread?
Like wild fire. Need to dip your nets because if you get a bacterial infection in one tank you can spread it to all your tanks even if the nets are dried out for months at a time.

I found this out the hard way as well.

like I said before. When the water quality is bad, it lowers their immune systems. 100ppm nitrate is bad on its own, but if kept at that for a long period of time it is catastrophic as we are seeing here in these photos.

Reactions: deeda

batang_mcdo

Polypterus
MFK Member
Apr 24, 2006
Manila
Yup not sure what hit my rays :( need to disinfect nets amd hoses used.
The 2 new rays look normal I'm not sure what to do with them :( I've only read this before but dis not expect it to hit my rays :(

Thank you guys for the help and advise.
Waiting on one more of mynold rays wishing she will be able to recover but i'm not optimistic :(

• Sad
Reactions: Caveden

Caveden

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jul 21, 2020
Aye. Expensive rays. I remembered watching a video from stingray biology about rays from different areas having different tolerance to different strains of bacteria/ virus. The new rays probably have a higher tolerance to that specific bacteria that’s killing your old rays now..

Reactions: batang_mcdo
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store