weirdest fish incident

Alistriwen

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Had these both happen today actually...

I was feeding the fish their last meal of the evening which was frozen brine shrimp. I usually spoon out water from one of the tanks to defrost the shrimp. I was doing that today but my roomie and I had a movie going in the living room so I turned away to look at it briefly and when I turned back to see what I was doing there was a fish flopping around in the spoon. Of course, I didn't realize that at first and made a noise I dont think I've made in a long time before I dropped the fish back in.

Later on, we were moving some fish around after we sold 19 out of our 33 gallon. I had 3 fish in a bucket hanging on the side of a tank raised pretty high off the ground. I put some new fish in the tank and then put the bucket in to float a bit to get the temperature back to the tank temperature.

My roommate, who is known for her clumsiness was doing the h20 changes and bumped into the bucket's handle. Little did she know, she'd sent one of the 2 inch fish spiralling 4 feet to the ground (big fall for a little girl). When I came back 10 minutes later to release the fish I noticed one missing. I checked the tank but found nothing and then my roomie spotted her on the floor behind the tank. I thought she was dead for sure so we got some tongs and I gently went to pick her up. She flopped so I quickly lifted her back to the tank. After getting rid of the dog-fur coat she'd acquired on her vacation from water she spent a few minutes in shock I think. The barbs in the tank nipped at her a bit and she barely responded. Fifteen minutes later she seemed almost back to normal. We'll see how things go.

liberator177

Candiru
MFK Member
Oct 16, 2007
michigan
once when i was at petco I was looking at the pecock eels then i heard a plop looked around didnt see nothing, continued staring then another plop look again 5 tanks down theres a peacock eel hopping over the little dividers into the next tank.

Onion01

Polypterus
MFK Member
Aug 8, 2007
Miami
liberator177;1230405; said:
once when i was at petco I was looking at the pecock eels then i heard a plop looked around didnt see nothing, continued staring then another plop look again 5 tanks down theres a peacock eel hopping over the little dividers into the next tank.
lol, there was an oscar in my petco who jumped overnight into a feeder tank and looked like a balloon by morning when they found him.

FisHaRNekEd

Candiru
MFK Member
Alistriwen;1228639; said:
Had these both happen today actually...

temperature.

My roommate, who is known for her clumsiness was doing the h20 changes and bumped into the bucket's handle. Little did she know, she'd sent one of the 2 inch fish spiralling 4 feet to the ground (big fall for a little girl). When I came back 10 minutes later to release the fish I noticed one missing. I checked the tank but found nothing and then my roomie spotted her on the floor behind the tank. I thought she was dead for sure so we got some tongs and I gently went to pick her up. She flopped so I quickly lifted her back to the tank. After getting rid of the dog-fur coat she'd acquired on her vacation from water she spent a few minutes in shock I think. The barbs in the tank nipped at her a bit and she barely responded. Fifteen minutes later she seemed almost back to normal. We'll see how things go.
"Dog fur coat" isnt that illegal, im calling peta
:ROFL:

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store