Well, I'm overstocked!

Newt

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jul 18, 2005
Michigan's UP
Couldn't help myself, picked up a firemouth and a baby peacock eel. So now I'm overstocked in the 75 gallon. I also got some more "freshwater" flounders for the 20 gallon so now with the flounders and puffers I'm way overstocked in the 20 gallon also.

I'm running two XP3's on the 75 right now, afraid if I put the 350 Bio-Wheels back on the eel will dissaper into them (experiance with the fire eel tell me it will!) But the Filstars just don't do a great job of catching the little things in the tank, so it looks messy.

I need more tanks! Can't wait until I can go downstate and get that 180, but it will be awhile from the way things are looking.

RadleyMiller

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 15, 2006
Delaware
www.myspace.com
Put a piece of foam on the Penguin 350 or use a powerhead with sponge. Thats what I use for mech. My two 350s don't even have cartidges anymore, it makes them slow so I pulled them out. The eel won't go into the filter if the intake strainer is on it.

Newt

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jul 18, 2005
Michigan's UP
RadleyMiller;674079; said:
Put a piece of foam on the Penguin 350 or use a powerhead with sponge. Thats what I use for mech. My two 350s don't even have cartidges anymore, it makes them slow so I pulled them out. The eel won't go into the filter if the intake strainer is on it.
My fire eel didn't go in through the intake. It wiggled it's way up the "waterfall" output, under the bio-wheels, and into the filter. You could hear it banging around the filter's covers trying to move around, and it would sometimes knock them off.

The peacock eel I have now is super small, like the diameter of a straw and about 6 inches long. It could wiggle up into a filter and I'd never even know it. I just feel better without the Penguins on the tank, the two XP3s should be more than enough filtration, even if they don't get the tank crystal clear.

señor_pescados_felices

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 26, 2006
The Real Norcal
newtothis;674269; said:
My fire eel didn't go in through the intake. It wiggled it's way up the "waterfall" output, under the bio-wheels, and into the filter. You could hear it banging around the filter's covers trying to move around, and it would sometimes knock them off.

LOL same here with my fire eel and my emp 400.
then I one day I was like "no fire eel,thats a bad fire eel!!!.......whats this,extra media cartridges?I dont need no stinkin' "extra media crtridges"!!"

this is what I came up with.

Picture 454.jpg

Picture 455.jpg

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store