Wels Catfish in the US, help me out guys!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mkman

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 20, 2005
CA
haha. Probably would last a while depending on how big the cat was.

Anyone have any leads? Finders fee will be given!!

mkman

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 20, 2005
CA
delhezi, I contacted that place about 1 month ago with no replies whatsoever from them.
I wonder why!! ARGH

Still looking guys, pls keep a lookout for me!!!

Acheloos

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 30, 2008
Germany
bestiarium.kryptozoologie.net
Mike, just a note: Wels DO have problems to reach 200 pounds. Such weights are really exceptional. Here in Germany we have not one single specimen of this weight, in Austria one or two years ago one of 96 kg or so was caught, but this was really sensational. Even in waters where they grow very well (and since many decades) 100 kg are still very rare. Keep in mind that the new world record for a wels caught with rod and line (from the Po delta, Italy) is still only 118,6 kg. In some big rivers in southern France, where the wels was introduced about 40 years ago, and where they grow very well, still not one specimen topping the 100 kg was caught.
As far as I know not even a zoo anywhere has a wels only close to 100 kg. The largest ones I have seen in zoos were about 1,5 m or so, and perhaps within the 20-30 kg range.

mkman

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 20, 2005
CA
Acheloos, thanks for the info. But the Wels is eating European food..........I will be feeding it American food...that should make it big and fat :D :D :D j/k

STILL LOOKING! I will not give up, keep a lookout for me guys! Thx!

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store