went fishin today

saltydog_1

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 5, 2006
st louis
hey man i took the wife and 7 yr old daughter farm pond fishin today my daughter had never caught anything bigger than about 5 in bluegill so i throw her line out while im gettin mine ready the next thing i know she runnin around screamin like a banshee so i look up and she has a 10 in crappie floppin on the bank i take it off and throw her back out (still tryin to get my own rig goin) and she is yellin again this one is bigger by an inch or so i finally get everything settled down get my line in the water and sit out there for three hours for 3 6-7 in bluegill the wife caught 2 7-8 in crappie but it was good fun

arowpeak

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Mar 20, 2007
Singapura land
:) sounds like a nice family picnic! i too brought my little 6yr old girl to our local reservoir for a mini fishing trip which i was trying to show her how to nap a peacock bass, i did luring with artificial baits, in the end i took potshots but no bite and hookups, but still was good fun and enjoyment:)

YOOPER

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 18, 2006
Da U.P.
Very nice. If only more people took their kids fishing. My little boy and I are off to go fishing today as well.

Mudfrog

Piranha
MFK Member
Oct 3, 2005
VA
Took my kids fishing today as well, to my surprise there were no blue gill to be found. Usually they are all over the place. Unfortunately the kids didn't catch anything off of worms but I caught 10 LMB off of Rooster Tails and Swimbaits.. nothing big, the largest one was 14".

saltydog_1

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 5, 2006
st louis
she has been fishing with me since she was 3 we usually go to her grandfathers pond bluegill like crazy she usually catches at least 50 a day mostly 3-4 inchers needless to say dad doesnt get to do much fishin there to busy takin fish off and rebaiting hooks but its a blast

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store