Monster or non monster

• Monster

• Non monster

Results are only viewable after voting.

Punjabiking1500

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Nov 9, 2020
Something was kicking me inside that is monster fishes better or non monster waht r disadvantage and advantages
The most cool thing that I think is about monster fishes is how rewarding they r when they grow up
What r your thoughts

Punjabiking1500

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Nov 9, 2020
Guys pls help me figuring this out

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
It may depend on ur wallet. Will see what the poll shows.

Deadeye

POTM Curator
Staff member
MFK Member
Aug 31, 2020
I vote monster. When they pack on size it is awe inspiring. Depends on definitions for monster and non monster though.

Reactions: Punjabiking1500

Jexnell

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jul 17, 2017
PNW
Both has its merits and drawbacks

Once big most acquire a "puppy dog" aspect that we love.
Big fish require BIG tanks and big water changes
Small fish can when placed in decent sized tanks will start duplicating wild behavior, breeding, multiple species interactions.

Really boils down to what you want from your tank.

Punjabiking1500

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Nov 9, 2020
Wow 3/9 to non monsters?
BTW monsters r winning :arapaimag?

Reactions: Deadeye

jjohnwm

Sausage Finger Spam Slayer
MFK Member
Mar 29, 2019
Manitoba, Canada
Define "monster".

Big fish have a presence and a charm that little dinks like tetras and guppies just can't match...but the appeal ceases to exist when they are shoehorned into undersized housing that stunts their physical and behavioural development...and this happens a lot. The puppy-dog-like responsiveness of a large Oscar in a 75 gallon, or the endless circling of a big Arowana or Gar in a 200 gallon, have a certain sad, pathetic quality to them. Nowhere to go...nothin' to do...

So...if one truly has the facilities to maintain monsters...and doesn't amass them in quantities, jamming them into tiny tanks which they optimistically label "grow-outs" while day-dreaming about larger tanks they don't have yet...then, yes, monster fish are unbeatable.

For most of we mere mortals, small- to mid-size fish offer a much better chance to provide healthy, humane housing that allows us to observe natural behaviour. Chihuahuas aren't Great Danes, but they're still dogs and they're still great.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store