What are these on the leaves and how to get rid of it?

BizTodd

Exodon
MFK Member
Jan 26, 2020
Is this a new tank? If you are talking about the "Dust" on your leaves, it look like new tank detritus. Insufficient water flow around your tank is most likely. If you are talking about the fuzzy stuff on your roots, same thing, trapped detritus feeds algae.

I add a similar situation which led to a hair algae outbreak. I added a wave maker and made sure my plants had a slight sway and the problem was seriously reduced. Now you can tinker with the duration of the lights if algae really becomes an issue.

Todd

Scorpio99

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
May 17, 2019
Maldives
Is this a new tank? If you are talking about the "Dust" on your leaves, it look like new tank detritus. Insufficient water flow around your tank is most likely. If you are talking about the fuzzy stuff on your roots, same thing, trapped detritus feeds algae.

I add a similar situation which led to a hair algae outbreak. I added a wave maker and made sure my plants had a slight sway and the problem was seriously reduced. Now you can tinker with the duration of the lights if algae really becomes an issue.

Todd
Yes its a newly setup tank and thanks for the info

Reactions: BizTodd
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store