What are you cooking today.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
.....had shrimp and grits for breakfast.

Reactions: kno4te

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Oh thats right. Sorry.

Still not exactly grits territory lol.
Oh no?.....nearly everybody I know eats grits.We grew up eating it either as a stand alone hot cereal or as a breakfast side item.
You'd be hard hard pressed to find a mom and pop breakfast spot around here that doesn't serve it.

Backfromthedead

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jul 12, 2017
Fredericksburg va
Oh no?.....nearly everybody I know eats grits.We grew up eating it either as a stand alone hot cereal or as a breakfast side item.
You'd be hard hard pressed to find a mom and pop breakfast spot around here that doesn't serve it.
Well i guess you probably know the right spots. I lived in delaware county for 3 years. I never saw a bowl of grits...or biscuits with gravy for that matter. Seemed all the diners i stopped at always had that salty chipped beef and toast instead.

At any rate shrimp and grits is a fine meal. I just got back from savannah where its practically an art form.

Reactions: JAYBIRD1011

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Well i guess you probably know the right spots. I lived in delaware county for 3 years. I never saw a bowl of grits...or biscuits with gravy for that matter. Seemed all the diners i stopped at always had that salty chipped beef and toast instead.

At any rate shrimp and grits is a fine meal. I just got back from savannah where its practically an art form.
Oh yeah,I'm sure mine cant hold a candle to the places down there.I usually have fish with my grits but I didn't have any on hand so shrimp it was......next time I'll have it with scrapple.

Backfromthedead

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jul 12, 2017
Fredericksburg va
Oh yeah,I'm sure mine cant hold a candle to the places down there.I usually have fish with my grits but I didn't have any on hand so shrimp it was......next time I'll have it with scrapple.
You seem to be on board with all my breakfast options. Theres just something about that sliced mashup of organs and scrap meat i find so tasty. I will admit the best scrapple seems to come from PA, and i don't think that is was on the menu in savannah.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
You seem to be on board with all my breakfast options. Theres just something about that sliced mashup of organs and scrap meat i find so tasty. I will admit the best scrapple seems to come from PA, and i don't think that is was on the menu in savannah.
The only problem with the scrapple is most greasy spoons use a brand that is far too salty so while they give you a nice thick slice,you can't really enjoy it.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store