What are you going to do with ur tanks when u move out??

Oddball

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Apr 27, 2005
Bama
I'd hold onto the tanks as long as possible. Prices keep going up so, you'd lose in the end if you try to replace them later.

It makes my shudder just thinking of the possibility of moving my tanks again. I moved here with 34 tanks. Now, I'm awaiting the delivery of tanks 108, 109, and 110 (3 75s), and I'm looking at a possible tank #111 (270gal) if I can get the price where I like it.

Demon_fish

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 6, 2006
Peoria, Illinois
i think i will take a small tank with and ask my parents to keep the rest for me until i come back.

MOM: "Well when you move out I dont want to be stuck with all you tanks"

Me: "I could take them with me or as a last resort sell the fish and you could hold the tanks here until i get my own place."

MOM: "I dont want them sitting around here forever, chances are you wont come back to get them"

Me: "PSH whatever."

I dont bother fighting with her cuz she always wins.
i hate it when people think they are right just because they are older.:p :swear:

Slim2634

Plecostomus
MFK Member
May 8, 2006
Central Ohio
mine are going with me, when i go to college im not going to have a dorm i will probably stay here because it is close. but after college i will get a job and move out to an apartment and keep my tanks there. but i dont have 34 tanks either lol.

skillzdatkillz

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 25, 2006
somwhere
i think i will take a small tank with and ask my parents to keep the rest for me until i come back.

i hate it when people think they are right just because they are older.:p :swear:
Honestly!! It dosnt help either when my dad automatically takes my moms side even when he doesnt know what we are arguing about.

joeytoe

Semper fidelis
MFK Member
Sep 10, 2005
Canton, Massachusetts USA
I just get my friend to help me move my tanks. usually takes two days to do them all, since you really should prep the area where you want them. Then its just a matter of having plenty of buckets (for both gravel an fish [coolers instead if the fish are huge]. but for the most part it takes alotve muscle a good size pick up, time, paitence, an a good amount of booze when your finished.

GoldfishCrazy11

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 22, 2005
USA
My parents have no problem with doing water changes and everything when I move out (though my mom says I might owe her something LOL.) Especially since I keep goldies, and they have all have another 10-20 years to live.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store