What are Your Dream Tank Setups?

SilverArowanaBoi

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Sep 21, 2023
Houston, Texas
Hey y'all! I thought this would be a fun question to ask: What are y'all's dream tank setups? What would it look like? Stocking? etc.

Here are some of my MANY tank setup ideas lol:

Stocking: 6+ Striped Raphael Catfish and 10-20+ tetras (probably Diamond since those are my favorite)
Aquascape: Driftwood and live plants.

Stocking: 2 Ripsaw Catfish and 2 Irwini Catfish
Aquascape: Sand and maybe driftwood. This would be a large pond setup or a large shallow tank of 1000+ gallons.

Stocking: 2 Silver Arowanas and 2-4 Motoro Stingrays
Aquascape: Driftwood and Rocks.

Stocking: Crayfish tank
Aquascape: Yep, you guessed it...driftwood and rocks lol.

I will post more later :)

Reactions: BIG-G

esoxlucius

Balaclava Bot Butcher
MFK Member
Dec 30, 2015
UK
These dream tank and set up threads are quite common and I always join in. The thing is, time and time again I always come out with the same answer. It's as if I'm constantly being reminded that I need to get my arse into gear and turn said dream tank into reality!

So here we go, again, I apologise in advance for you guys who are sick to death of me!

My dream tank is a large coldwater predator tank stocked with a shoal of European perch, my favourite fish.

1000_F_248404715_oboJWCQPV20YHVN2j9cFdVAinRmJDL0s.jpg

SilverArowanaBoi

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Sep 21, 2023
Houston, Texas
These dream tank and set up threads are quite common and I always join in. The thing is, time and time again I always come out with the same answer. It's as if I'm constantly being reminded that I need to get my arse into gear and turn said dream tank into reality!

So here we go, again, I apologise in advance for you guys who are sick to death of me!

My dream tank is a large coldwater predator tank stocked with a shoal of European perch, my favorite fish.

View attachment 1531325
So beautiful! Appropriate Christmas colors lol.

Jexnell

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jul 17, 2017
PNW
Each time this comes around I say the same thing or some version of the same tank.

Tank would be something like a 10x10x30feet

In it would a pair of Festae, ten to twenty Red hook silver dollars for dithers and the same number of Ornatus catfish. With enough jungle vals to strangle an elephant.

And I would sit there and watch it all day with my Hyacinth macaw on my shoulder.

Who don't love this fish.
Mesoheros-festae.jpg
Not my pic thank Google

Friller2009

Aimara
MFK Member
Oct 27, 2021
Australia
Big ol tank. Maybe 10mx2mx2m

Nice and big tank fill that bad boy with val.

And as for fish they'd all be native. It'd take me too bloody long to list them off here. But that's not very realistic.

Right now it'd probably be a tank maybe 8ftx4ftx3ft for a lungfish and pig nose turtle

Friller2009

Aimara
MFK Member
Oct 27, 2021
Australia
Now that I am moving to the Philippines I just may try the mini me version of this setup in like a 500 gallon tank using Amphilophus Lyonsi, and spotted silver dollars.
Congrats brother. Got family in palawan.

Matth05

Aimara
MFK Member
Feb 17, 2022
New Jersey
A native tank inspired by the rivers and creeks that I fish all the time here in northern New Jersey. The center piece being a group or pair of Redbreast Sunfish, probably my favorite native fish species. Followed by a group of one of the many native species of shiners or dace.20230723_163431_Original.jpeg

ken31cay

Piranha
MFK Member
Dec 25, 2022
Cayman Islands
Each time this comes around I say the same thing or some version of the same tank.

In it would a pair of Festae, ten to twenty Red hook silver dollars for dithers and the same number of Ornatus catfish. With enough jungle vals to strangle an elephant.

And I would sit there and watch it all day with my Hyacinth macaw on my shoulder.

View attachment 1531364
Not my pic thank Google
I would love this fish but unfortunately the Department of Agriculture here won't allow their importation into the country. I have a new 10 foot 750gal setup w/ 6foot Tsunami Sump (my dream setup) coming in a few weeks and I wanted a central american cichlid tank (Vieja Synspilum and Festae) with mainly silver dollar dithers. But not one of the central american cichlids on my list were approved. Oh well.

BIG-G

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Dec 12, 2005
NC

View attachment 1531364
Not my pic thank Google
You know I do. Got a couple different pairs still growing out.
I guess my answer would be a tank large enough to house a gator gar comfortably. I would love to grow one out from minnow size to full grown.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store