what are your planted tank secrets!!!! HELP

Pink-Floyd

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 27, 2006
Saint Augustine
Beautiful, but i would not want to knock the soda bottle over and have it explode (DIY cO2 factory?) if it is i would tape it to the sump or secure it some how

bmeasure

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 15, 2006
Georgia, USA
I doudt the addition of CO2 would hurt it! Its really really easy!!!!! All you have to do is get an Empty 3litre bottle and drill a hole in the top of it. Fill it 5/6 the way up with Luke warm Tap water.
1. Pour the Tap water into a Bucket
2. Add 2 Cups of Sugar
3. Stirr
4. Add 1/4 teaspoon of yeast
5. Stirr
6. Funnel the mixture back into the 3L Bottle
7. Put an Air Line Tube into the The hole at the top of the Bottle
8. Seal the whole with silicone to make sure all the Air in the bottle is going through the Tube
9. Run Tube into Power Head of Filter
10. Walla, By the next Morning you'll hear CO2 bubbles being pumped into the tank.

Total Project Cost: $5.00..............real real easy!!!!!!!!!
Let's be careful what we offer for advice to this guy. I'm not sure if you noticed in the first post he stated he's using a 3.7 gallon aquarium. A 3 Liter DIY CO2 bottle will probably blow this aquarium out of the water (figuratively speaking). The most I'd suggest him do to this tank is to buy a Hagen DIY CO2 Kit and possibly try adding a half dose of the packages. These are pretty good for 10 gallon tanks, and you need 2 or more for a 20 gallon, IMO. Although, for such a small tank, it would be best to use pressurized and maintain a small amount of CO2 diffusion safely. Definately more substrate would be a big help. 3" to 4" is my suggestion. Fertilizers are a definate must-have, and they would last for ages on such a small tank. The most difficult part would be measuring out such small quantities of ferts.

Tyler Durden

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 4, 2006
Los Gatos
Hello everyone again! It's good to know you all are here and ready/willing to talk about plants!

Well, now i have the 29 planted, used flourite, DIY Co2, Xp1 and temp is at 78. I threw in some java moss, moneywort, and a couple of other ground cover plants (not sure what they are)

Just to stay on top of things, I've added Seachem Flourish, Seachem Clarify (due to the extreme cloudiness) and I used Prime due to the chlormines from my tap.

Have I done something wrong regarding the water? What should I do and what other tips do you have to keep a successful plant tank?

Thanks all!!

Fish Etc

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 5, 2006
West Covina, SOCAL
bmeasure;464452; said:
Let's be careful what we offer for advice to this guy. I'm not sure if you noticed in the first post he stated he's using a 3.7 gallon aquarium. A 3 Liter DIY CO2 bottle will probably blow this aquarium out of the water (figuratively speaking). The most I'd suggest him do to this tank is to buy a Hagen DIY CO2 Kit and possibly try adding a half dose of the packages. These are pretty good for 10 gallon tanks, and you need 2 or more for a 20 gallon, IMO. Although, for such a small tank, it would be best to use pressurized and maintain a small amount of CO2 diffusion safely. Definately more substrate would be a big help. 3" to 4" is my suggestion. Fertilizers are a definate must-have, and they would last for ages on such a small tank. The most difficult part would be measuring out such small quantities of ferts.

That is right, use hagen Co2 system, dont worry about he dosage it will do fine to your tank. Also try to add more sand or change it with flourite or Eco COmplete substrate. Dont forgot the ferts, for a small tank like that you can try the Seachem Line

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store