What Books are you reading?

Thalan

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Sep 30, 2008
jacksonville
The Complete History of China J.A.G. Roberts
For fiction I read Steven Brust, George Martin, Dumas, Lovecraft, and Robert E Howard

jclyde13

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 18, 2009
Louisville, KY
Right now I'm about half-way through The Soloist by Steve Lopez. I haven't had much time for reading lately though, so it's taking me a rediculous amount of time to get through it --I have been reading it for weeks now, and I'm only on page 159, when I can usually get through a 600-700 page book in maybe 4-5 days.

Davey_8313

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 17, 2007
With Wife & Kids in Stafford
carpenter547;4502999; said:
just finished
Necroscope by Brian Lumbley best vampire book/ series ever

in the middle of
Dracula by Brahm Stoker.
Nice taste in books. I about about Necroscope, best vampire series. I love the cover art on them too.

meghanashley

Candiru
MFK Member
Jul 15, 2008
NJ
Thalan;4502821; said:
The Complete History of China J.A.G. Roberts
For fiction I read Steven Brust, George Martin, Dumas, Lovecraft, and Robert E Howard
George R.R. Martin is one of my favorite writers. Ever read any of his short stories?

migdem

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 13, 2010
Malta EU
jag123;4497048; said:
Agincourt by Cornwell was great. I picked up The Burning Land and put it back down before finishing.

I am now reading The Lord of the Rings for the 3rd or 4th time.

Well you picked the latest book of the series :s maybe that is why you did not like it. I guess it is better to start from the last kingdom. I am thinking of reading azincourt but right now I do not have alot of reading time and already started the series by angie sage of magyk. BTW i also love Harry Potter.

jag123

Gambusia
MFK Member
May 16, 2008
Ohio
migdem;4504152; said:
Well you picked the latest book of the series :s maybe that is why you did not like it. I guess it is better to start from the last kingdom. I am thinking of reading azincourt but right now I do not have alot of reading time and already started the series by angie sage of magyk. BTW i also love Harry Potter.
Yeah, I did realize that it was part of a series, but it played out ok for someone picking up the series for the first time. Only problem for me was the 1st person narrative of it all - that doesn't sit well with me. I prefer 3rd person omniscient narrative.

Thalan

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Sep 30, 2008
jacksonville
meghanashley;4504125; said:
George R.R. Martin is one of my favorite writers. Ever read any of his short stories?
Not much. I just got into his Ice and Fire stuff because my friends had a band with all the music based on that series.
After reading Steven Brust I have a really hard time getting deep into other writers, he's just too good.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store