What Books are you reading?

meghanashley

Candiru
MFK Member
Jul 15, 2008
NJ
Thalan;4504947; said:
Not much. I just got into his Ice and Fire stuff because my friends had a band with all the music based on that series.
After reading Steven Brust I have a really hard time getting deep into other writers, he's just too good.
You will love the series, people are fanatical over it, but I also really enjoyed his collection of short stories some of them were just awesome. I'm trying to imagine music based on the series, that's hilarious, would love to check that out. I've never read any of Steven Brust will have to remember the name

meghanashley

Candiru
MFK Member
Jul 15, 2008
NJ
phillydog1958;4497005; said:
Wow! Glad to hear that someone else can appreciate Zinn's perspective. It's a long read but very honest and bluntly put.
I like reading history books, I actually was recommended the book from this site in a similar thread. Did you see the documentary on him? Forget the name of it, but if you haven't you should check it out.

Thalan

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Sep 30, 2008
jacksonville
meghanashley;4505055; said:
You will love the series, people are fanatical over it, but I also really enjoyed his collection of short stories some of them were just awesome. I'm trying to imagine music based on the series, that's hilarious, would love to check that out. I've never read any of Steven Brust will have to remember the name
Oh I've read it all 3 times already, impatiently waiting for the next book. The band is called Seven Kingdoms, the lineup has changed so I cant vouch for their current music but heres some of the old stuff (warning: its metal). They have a female vocalist now, thats the stuff I dont know about.
Steven Brust is the man. The level of style and wit in his books is unrivaled by anyone else I've ever read. So much style you have to call it panache.

meghanashley

Candiru
MFK Member
Jul 15, 2008
NJ
Thalan;4505404; said:
Oh I've read it all 3 times already, impatiently waiting for the next book. The band is called Seven Kingdoms, the lineup has changed so I cant vouch for their current music but heres some of the old stuff (warning: its metal). They have a female vocalist now, thats the stuff I dont know about.
Steven Brust is the man. The level of style and wit in his books is unrivaled by anyone else I've ever read. So much style you have to call it panache.
I given up hope for the final books with the fire and ice series, Dreamsongs (short stories) was good too, haven't checked out anything else but the comic book Hedge Knight from him. I just wish listed "to reign in hell" Steven Brust, thanks.
I was impressed to see the youtube vids of them, wasn't was I was expecting at all.

Thalan

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Sep 30, 2008
jacksonville
meghanashley;4510158; said:
I given up hope for the final books with the fire and ice series, Dreamsongs (short stories) was good too, haven't checked out anything else but the comic book Hedge Knight from him. I just wish listed "to reign in hell" Steven Brust, thanks.
I was impressed to see the youtube vids of them, wasn't was I was expecting at all.
To Reign in Hell is pretty good, depending on how religious you are. All his stand alone stuff is good but its his series that really get me. The Phoenix Guards is the first of "the Khaavren romances" and the Vlad Taltos books can pretty much be read in any order.

Liam

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 30, 2007
Brisbane - Australia.
just finished Alan Alda's biography and philip carlo's gaspipe. now on philip carlo's ice man killer and when i finish that - Philip carlo's butcher. all books about the mob, gaspipe (anthony casso) was a mob boss and the butcher and iceman were enforcers - hitmen

Danzig86

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Liam;4544467; said:
just finished Alan Alda's biography and philip carlo's gaspipe. now on philip carlo's ice man killer and when i finish that - Philip carlo's butcher. all books about the mob, gaspipe (anthony casso) was a mob boss and the butcher and iceman were enforcers - hitmen
Butcher, Tommy Karate??? hahahahaha thats one sick read liam i like your taste, i tearing thru Killing for pleasure: The snowtown murders, :WHOA::screwy::WHOA::screwy::WHOA::screwy: never goin to south aus dude, never.

Liam

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 30, 2007
Brisbane - Australia.
Danzig86;4544541; said:
Butcher, Tommy Karate??? hahahahaha thats one sick read liam i like your taste, i tearing thru Killing for pleasure: The snowtown murders, :WHOA::screwy::WHOA::screwy::WHOA::screwy: never goin to south aus dude, never.

yep that's him lol. snowtown murder hey? i must enlighten myself

edit- bah, only 12 murders, richard kuklinski (iceman killer) claims over 200 :D

though he is a habitual lier who claims some murders that aren't his

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store