What do you get if you win POTM or TOTM?

beau1990

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Sep 28, 2018
Stanford Kentucky
I've one both totm and potm(one right after the other) but I never got my camera next to my name what gives Gourami Swami Gourami Swami Chicxulub Chicxulub

Reactions: DMD123

esoxlucius

Balaclava Bot Butcher
MFK Member
Dec 30, 2015
UK
I've one both totm and potm(one right after the other) but I never got my camera next to my name what gives Gourami Swami Gourami Swami Chicxulub Chicxulub
Join the list! You're not the only one who is awaiting action on status updates. There are many more, and the list is slowly growing as time goes by.

I requested a username change in June 2021, over a year ago! so it's effecting me too.

We're just told to be patient but some of the mods/admin need to step up now and get things up to date.

Reactions: DMD123 and Deadeye

jjohnwm

Sausage Finger Spam Slayer
MFK Member
Mar 29, 2019
Manitoba, Canada
Join the list! You're not the only one who is awaiting action on status updates. There are many more, and the list is slowly growing as time goes by.

I requested a username change in June 2021, over a year ago! so it's effecting me too.

We're just told to be patient but some of the mods/admin need to step up now and get things up to date.
Yeah! What the heck are we paying them for, anyway? :)

esoxlucius

Balaclava Bot Butcher
MFK Member
Dec 30, 2015
UK
Yeah! What the heck are we paying them for, anyway? :)
Obviously they don't get paid which should make myself, and anybody else pushing the issue feel bad.

But saying that, if you do take the job on, is it unfair, pushy or unrealistic in some way to expect that things are kept up to date?

jjohnwm

Sausage Finger Spam Slayer
MFK Member
Mar 29, 2019
Manitoba, Canada
But saying that, if you do take the job on, is it unfair, pushy or unrealistic in some way to expect that things are kept up to date?
I suppose not, but...I have a taxidermist working on a fish replica for me. It's been well over a year now, with no end in sight...and he has had my money the entire time.

I have a bit of work being done on a hunting rifle of mine by an Ontario gunsmith. It's been almost two years now...and he has had a sizable deposit of my money, as well as my property (the rifle) the entire time.

I just received in the mail one of the innumerable licences which I, as a Canadian, require to...well, to do almost anything, really. It's not a new licence, either, but rather a renewal of a licence that I have held for decades. I sent in the application to renew last September...which was three months before the old licence was set to expire...and just received it now, 10 months later and 7 months after the old one expired...and they had my money the entire time.

So, I suppose that I am thoroughly immune to and deadened by the need to wait for anything that I have paid for...and the idea of waiting for something for which I haven't paid, and which carries really no tangible value to me, just seems inconsequential.

I...like the guy in the Pink Floyd song...have become...comfortably numb. :)

SpongeRob

Feeder Fish
Jun 28, 2022
Has Anyone seen LFS at 13 E Hartsdale Ave? (Hartsdale, NY) Several Hand-Made Aquariums . . . Unusual / Awesome!!!

esoxlucius

Balaclava Bot Butcher
MFK Member
Dec 30, 2015
UK
I suppose not, but...I have a taxidermist working on a fish replica for me. It's been well over a year now, with no end in sight...and he has had my money the entire time.

I have a bit of work being done on a hunting rifle of mine by an Ontario gunsmith. It's been almost two years now...and he has had a sizable deposit of my money, as well as my property (the rifle) the entire time.

I just received in the mail one of the innumerable licences which I, as a Canadian, require to...well, to do almost anything, really. It's not a new licence, either, but rather a renewal of a licence that I have held for decades. I sent in the application to renew last September...which was three months before the old licence was set to expire...and just received it now, 10 months later and 7 months after the old one expired...and they had my money the entire time.

So, I suppose that I am thoroughly immune to and deadened by the need to wait for anything that I have paid for...and the idea of waiting for something for which I haven't paid, and which carries really no tangible value to me, just seems inconsequential.

I...like the guy in the Pink Floyd song...have become...comfortably numb. :)
Only in Canuckistan eh, lol. I suppose you have to send off in advance for your own death certificate too, and by the time it arrives........you are indeed dead! Lol.

Hybridfish7

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Dec 4, 2017
1) Bragging rights
2) The Bronze camera next to your name
3) Points towards the fish size scale under all our names (I was Red tailed catfish before I got my award)
I got POTY and still have nothing ?

DMD123

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Oct 23, 2009
Lakewood, WA
lol, me too… I got the one bronze camera but am due for the x2 bronze camera for a second potm that I got. Kind of takes a little excitement out of it all with the trophies not being awarded out.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store