What do you guys do for work?

fishhead0103666

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
May 14, 2018
youtu.be
Thanks Hendre and Ron.

The ban on political talk is because there's so much passion involved in what constitutes a right here in the US, and whether or not the different parts of this country's political spectrum can agree on those rights. Introduce the opinion of peoples from outside of the US opining on those rights, and it always degenerates quickly.

This is not a statement of support either from me or from MFK as a whole toward one side or another, simply that we don't want that kind of subject matter being argued ad nauseam on MFK. We're all here because we love fish. No need to tear our community apart over non fish related issues.
Sorry chicx, I didn't expect for it to become an issue, I had expected a short answer more along the lines of "I don't know man".

Chicxulub

Hand of the King
Administrator
Aug 29, 2009
I crash at the K-Pg
Sorry chicx, I didn't expect for it to become an issue, I had expected a short answer more along the lines of "I don't know man".
No worries dude. Nothing in this thread got out of line, I just wanted to cut it off before it had the opportunity to do so. Everybody has been doing exceptionally well with playing by the ToS lately. This thread was pushing the limits of the letter of the rule (no political talk), but everyone stayed well away from the intent of the rule (avoiding acting like jerks to each other over politics).

And for that, you all have my sincerest thanks :)

Reactions: fishhead0103666

beau1990

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Sep 28, 2018
Stanford Kentucky
Hot damn that's a lot of Bourbon! Pretty cool.

EntoStentor EntoStentor are you still interested in ants?
Each barrel (full of booze) weighs 565lbs so with that in mind total weight of just the barrels in this rick house will be 31,640,000lbs

Reactions: Hendre

David R

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 26, 2005
New Zealand
I build bourbon warehouses
Holy **** that's cool! I'm more a scotch drinker, but that looks amazing. Is there a reason they're all timber construction? Seems like an expensive option, but perhaps not?

Here's a pic from my office (taken while stationary, of course!).

work.JPG

beau1990

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Sep 28, 2018
Stanford Kentucky
They use timber because if metal would affect the taste of the bourbon, but they are careful to not use super fragrant woods like cedar

David R

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 26, 2005
New Zealand
They use timber because if metal would affect the taste of the bourbon, but they are careful to not use super fragrant woods like cedar
Wow, even through the barrels the metal would have an affect on the flavour? That's really interesting, I guess if you taste/blend the stuff for a living your palate becomes very sensitive to any subtle influences and could detect things like that.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store