what dose PH mean

redtailfool

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Feb 17, 2005
New Jersey
PH comes from the French word hydrogène, and means "hydrogen power". It equates to the amount of hydrogen (H+) and hydroxide (OH-) ions are dissolved in a solution. The more hydrogen ions there are, the more acidic the water is and the lower the pH is

rayman45

Team Rayman
MFK Member
Mar 30, 2005
staten island new york
nice pic

rayman45

Team Rayman
MFK Member
Mar 30, 2005
staten island new york
my bio teacher loves be b/c im into animals

sleepyflight

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Alrighty jokers!!!!! Chicky is gettin rhiled up and we should all egg her on :hitting: Neutralizer should bring it to a Ph of 7 which would be pure untainted wawa. Try to stay away from the chems and stabalize the Ph slowly!! It is important but some waivering either way probably won't hurt. Too many dying plants will lower it from the acids of decay, salt and hard minerals can help heighten it or atleast keep it there. I've used wysteria in com. tanks a number of times because it grows so fast and dies off at the same rate that it will keep the Ph sometimes down to 5.5 for some types of tetras. Tap water is typically up there in the Ph scale and once dechlorinated will drop it to around 7.5-8 possibly 8.5. Let's just say this.....I haven't managed to kill anything yet due to small Ph changes so don't get bent out of shape. if its .2 off......don't touch :nono: :grinyes: You'll be fine. Alkaline/base is high, acid is low.

rayman45

Team Rayman
MFK Member
Mar 30, 2005
staten island new york
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store