What fish/aquatic animals have you succesfully bred?

tcarswell

Polypterus
MFK Member
Dec 6, 2008
Tibet
Last night was the first time on accident... Found a bunch of baby bubble bellies in my community tank hiding in the grass. I almost vacuumed them up. I have no idea how old they are or what to do with them lol. I figure its a cheap fish food alternative or something.'

In the past intentionally
Giant Danio's
Convict cichlids (That was a tough one LOL ;)
And I am getting closer and closer to getting the eggs to work out with sen bichirs. Just has not happened yet

KLee79

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 7, 2008
Ohio
guppys, Bettas, all kinds of mollies, ghost shrimp, convicts, Frontosa, kyoga flamebacks, Discus, german blue rams, angels, Yellow labidichromis, and hopefully i'll get to breed peacock bass and rays....

andyjs

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Aug 13, 2008
Ohio
The ones I've intentionally bred: Thorichthys maculipinnis (Elliot's cichlids, cousin of the firemouth), swordtails, mollies and guppies (for feeders).
Unintentional: brichardi cichlids (probably more challenging to keep them from breeding) and Aussie rainbows.
I've also spawned cories, rasboras and several tetras, but the water here is just too hard for the eggs to make it.

likestofish

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Sep 7, 2007
Duluth, GA
bettas and guppies out of the wazoo.

Jel

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 9, 2009
SF Bay Area, CA
I wouldn't say I bred them, but I did have a mated pair of tiger oscars, a mated pair of green terrors, and a mated pair of jack dempseys, and they all have spawned eggs and hatched fry. For all 3 species, I've raised the fry to about 1/2"-1" and sold them back to my LFS. It helped that each pair were in their own 55-75 gal tanks and I had several 20g tanks to raise the fry.

K626

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jan 21, 2008
South FL
Guppies, platys, mollies, angelfish, discus, cory cats, convicts, bettas, and sword tails.

Hmong_Xiong

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 27, 2009
Wisconsin
longfin bettas
short tail bettas
halfmoon bettas
gaint bettas
panda cories
albino longfin cories
albino bn pleco