What frozen foods do you feed your G.Poly

Fat Homer

Mmmmm... Doughnuts
Staff member
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2009
----
Don't give up on the pellets, try sinking pellets . Alternate with your frozen foods.:)
Yeah, i bought a floating ring device with suction cup attached to try and keep the floating food in one area for them and to see if they can learn to find food from there...

The only thing you should avoid is processed seafood like Cocktail shrimp, but raw seafood is always good :)
I do try and make sure all the frozen seafood i buy is just frozen / uncooked seafood, but sometimes it can be hard to find packs that arent full of freezer burn...

Reactions: tlindsey

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
Yeah, i bought a floating ring device with suction cup attached to try and keep the floating food in one area for them and to see if they can learn to find food from there...

I do try and make sure all the frozen seafood i buy is just frozen / uncooked seafood, but sometimes it can be hard to find packs that arent full of freezer burn...
Thats great to hear, and admire how you make sure fish gets the best foods, and care. I always read your threads on puffers, or will use you for help if anyone needs it.:)

Reactions: Fat Homer

Chub_by

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 30, 2012
Europe
I hear you mate, best places for seafood in my experience are markets(if you live near the sea, a big city or a lake) or those huge stores (think they're called costco in North America)

Fat Homer

Mmmmm... Doughnuts
Staff member
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2009
----
Thats great to hear, and admire how you make sure fish gets the best foods, and care. I always read your threads on puffers, or will use you for help if anyone needs it.:)
Thanks, and to be fair, all of us on these boards try and do the best for our fish :)

I hear you mate, best places for seafood in my experience are markets(if you live near the sea, a big city or a lake) or those huge stores (think they're called costco in North America)
Yeah, i live in Hong Kong so finding wet markets is easy enough, and fresh seafood can be quite abundant, only problem is sometimes you dont know where the catch comes from, and worry about anything the foods might contain such as contamination (since we dont cook the food we feed our fish)...

But yeah, may go hunting down some seafood from the market one day and see whats available... Maybe try give it a good clean and throw it in the freezer for a week or two to try and kill off any nasties...

Reactions: tlindsey

Frank Castle

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2016
Pennsylvannia
Mine are G. tiles, but are in FW atm,....they eat fresh fish fillets, clams on the half shell, raw shrimp slices, squid, beefheart, bloodworms and krill. Got some more things I wanna try, but for now that's working.

Reactions: Fat Homer

Fat Homer

Mmmmm... Doughnuts
Staff member
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2009
----
^ what type of fish are you feeding your tiles? Coz i've been thinking of trying that, and with the clam, do you leave the meat on the shell for them to try and rip off themselves?

Frank Castle

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2016
Pennsylvannia
^ what type of fish are you feeding your tiles? Coz i've been thinking of trying that, and with the clam, do you leave the meat on the shell for them to try and rip off themselves?
for now I been giving them strips of Scrod, and yea they get to wrestle with the clams in case they need exercise or get bored...they hit them w/ quite a bit of force

Fat Homer

Mmmmm... Doughnuts
Staff member
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2009
----
I've seen LFS' here sell frozen clams on the half shell, so maybe i should try getting some and see if they go for that...

Since most other frozen foods are kind of small and most likely not stuff these guys will go for...

Reactions: Frank Castle

Frank Castle

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2016
Pennsylvannia
I've seen LFS' here sell frozen clams on the half shell, so maybe i should try getting some and see if they go for that...

Since most other frozen foods are kind of small and most likely not stuff these guys will go for...
yea, try them, mine slam them in minutes

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store