What is/are everyone's favorite thing/things about the aquarium hobby?

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
Firstly, local forums. I have recieved shrimp and a LOAD of plants from people on a local forum that can ship or visit me to swap, buy, or give me stuff. Everyone is very loose on pricing and generous to say the least. A $4 plant portion from a commercial seller ended up giving me 9 plants which often cost similar per piece!

I also love the research and biology behind the hobby. It fascinates me immensely! I was always interested in agriculture but now my sights are set on commercial aquaponics and aquaculture. I am already scheduling a meeting with a biology professor and the owner of my LFS where he breeds a lot of fish for the trade to learn a thing or 2. Go big or go home!

Lastly the amount of tanks you can have will never run out, almost every space in my room has a tank. I am putting up a rack soon and will likely have over 130 gallons of aquarium in my room. This hobby is expandable :D

A

AquaAlex1993

Firstly, local forums. I have recieved shrimp and a LOAD of plants from people on a local forum that can ship or visit me to swap, buy, or give me stuff. Everyone is very loose on pricing and generous to say the least. A $4 plant portion from a commercial seller ended up giving me 9 plants which often cost similar per piece!

I also love the research and biology behind the hobby. It fascinates me immensely! I was always interested in agriculture but now my sights are set on commercial aquaponics and aquaculture. I am already scheduling a meeting with a biology professor and the owner of my LFS where he breeds a lot of fish for the trade to learn a thing or 2. Go big or go home!

Lastly the amount of tanks you can have will never run out, almost every space in my room has a tank. I am putting up a rack soon and will likely have over 130 gallons of aquarium in my room. This hobby is expandable :D
That's awesome broski! That's right go big or go home!

Reactions: Hendre

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
Aquascaping and daydreaming infront of it when I'm done.
I agree! I have no great scapes but just planting and decorating your tank has a huge benefit to aesthetics too and my fish absolutely love the plants to say the least.

Go green or go home. Or if you have some money do a great hardscape with plants to match! :D

Reactions: AquaAlex1993
A

AquaAlex1993

Aquascaping and daydreaming infront of it when I'm done.
I love adding and moving decor around my tank!

I agree! I have no great scapes but just planting and decorating your tank has a huge benefit to aesthetics too and my fish absolutely love the plants to say the least.

Go green or go home. Or if you have some money do a great hardscape with plants to match! :D
I agree, plants are so cool! Whether it be real or plastic.
For me researching and learning is pretty cool, but not much beats just sitting back and observing either for my own interests or just to chill out and relax.
I agree with you.
The challenge
The fish keeping hobby can be a challenge at times, but I love a challenge sometimes.
The hunt!
Hunting down a cool rare fish is fun!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store