What is the maxium time duration you guys have kept snakehead as a pair ?

kumaran_4576

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 24, 2024
India
What is the maxium time duration you guys have kept snakehead as a pair ? Before needed to be seperated due to may be fight or any other reason...

RedRaven

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Aug 8, 2017
Sorry I'm not able to help the only species I've kept pairs or more of together are pleurophthalma and bleheri. The pleurophthalma for about four years before selling them and the bleheri until I grew bored of the aquarium roughly two years. Both are considered peaceful by Channa standards so not much help. Other snakeheads have always been solo or with a couple of odd matched different species they accepted.

Last edited:

kumaran_4576

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 24, 2024
India
Sorry I'm not able to help the only species I've kept pairs or more of together are pleurophthalma and bleheri. The pleurophthalma for about four years before selling them and the bleheri until I grew bored of the aquarium roughly two years. Both are considered peaceful by Channa standards so not much help. Other snakeheads have always been solo or with a couple of odd matched different species they accepted.
Thank you for the info

kumaran_4576

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 24, 2024
India
During the duration was there any fights between the pair or reasonably peaceful ?

RedRaven

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Aug 8, 2017
Not really with the rainbows other than the odd split fin but lots of interactions ands displays. At the beginning there was some friction with the pleuros especially at feeding time usually with the female being a little too excited and barrelling the male over to get at more food resulting in him flaring and slapping a bit this calmed down in a few weeks but it never escalated further that I saw or was any damage caused other than a couple scales missing in that short time. They mostly swam around together and were almost the perfect residents for the the rest of my time with them.

Reactions: kumaran_4576

kumaran_4576

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 24, 2024
India
Not really with the rainbows other than the odd split fin but lots of interactions ands displays. At the beginning there was some friction with the pleuros especially at feeding time usually with the female being a little too excited and barrelling the male over to get at more food resulting in him flaring and slapping a bit this calmed down in a few weeks but it never escalated further that I saw or was any damage caused other than a couple scales missing in that short time. They mostly swam around together and were almost the perfect residents for the the rest of my time with them.
Ok. Thanks for the info.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store