What is the rarest fish that you have,or have ever had.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
I have have had the pleasure of keeping quite a few rare fish species over the years but I think my Congo knife fish is probably the rarest fish that I have ever kept.I have never seen it for sale in any shop before nor seen it on any vendor's stock list and I only have it because it came as a cast away in a shipment of other fish.Before now,I have only seen it in photos in books.
So,what's your rarest fish?

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
I have have had the pleasure of keeping quite a few rare fish species over the years but I think my Congo knife fish is probably the rarest fish that I have ever kept.I have never seen it for sale in any shop before nor seen it on any vendor's stock list and I only have it because it came as a cast away in a shipment of other fish.Before now,I have only seen it in photos in books.
So,what's your rarest fish?

Does it look similar to an African Brown Knife?

Netengo

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Oct 29, 2009
UK
I mean rule number one for this thread has to be PICTURES! :D

I've had some rarish fish before but I got them just as they started to become slightly available and then now you can get them quite readily haha. I've never had anything so rare that it came in classed as by catch though! Thats awesome!

Reactions: tlindsey

Dloks

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Feb 5, 2011
in a car
my aimara, a few bad butt SH back when they were legal

Reactions: tlindsey

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
I mean rule number one for this thread has to be PICTURES! :D

I've had some rarish fish before but I got them just as they started to become slightly available and then now you can get them quite readily haha. I've never had anything so rare that it came in classed as by catch though! Thats awesome!
Photos are always welcomed,where are yours? I'm trying to get some good shots but the subject keeps trying to hide.
20180220_170709.jpg

Gourami Swami

MFK Moderators
Staff member
MFK Member
Jul 13, 2006
NJ
For me probably wild altums, tigrinus, distichodus atroventralis and next week a zebrina pike.
Zebrina are awesome

I had an australoheros "red ceibal" a long time ago, very cool little fish that I haven't seen since. Don't seem to have any pics.

Other than that, I had nosferatu labridens blue "taniul" for awhile, and I used to have a vieja guttalatum, which I don't see around much. Though I think CoA has them right now.

Last edited:
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store