Yes
If yes, what is your ammonia?
0ppm
If yes, what is your nitrite?
0ppm
If yes, what is your nitrate?
5ppm
If I did not test my water...
...I recognize that I will likely be asked to do a test, and that water tests are critical for solving freshwater health problems.
Do you do water changes?
Yes
What percentage of water do you change?
51-60%
How frequently do you change your water?
Every month
If I do not change my water...
...I recognize that I will likely be recommended to do a water change, and water changes are critical for preventing future freshwater health problems.
I am thinking this black spot is a parasite. If you look closely there are like 3 little filament like “tails” coming out of that black spot.

Should I treat the tank ? With what if so …

8FAAB57C-49DE-4624-BC0B-B51A0E8B9F59.jpeg

FINWIN

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 21, 2018
Washington DC
Someone else can chime in on the spot but your water change schedule and parameters don't add up. How big is the tank? Changes should be at least once a week, not month.

Sleepdoc

Candiru
MFK Member
Jan 2, 2020
Someone else can chime in on the spot but your water change schedule and parameters don't add up. How big is the tank? Changes should be at least once a week, not month.
I understand, but we all realistically get busy. 2 FX6's on a 150 tall. I think its anchor worm, but not sure..

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
Get a net and tweezers and pull it out. Wouldn’t treat the tank unless other fish get it. If need be use some clove oil, a few drops at a time in a gallon of water, to lightly anesthetize the fish. I’d try w/o the clove oil but if difficult or prolonged then I’d try the clove oil.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Get a net and tweezers and pull it out. Wouldn’t treat the tank unless other fish get it. If need be use some clove oil, a few drops at a time in a gallon of water, to lightly anesthetize the fish. I’d try w/o the clove oil but if difficult or prolonged then I’d try the clove oil.
I've never used clove oil before so other than that that is the route I would take as well.

Reactions: Sleepdoc
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store