What is this white film that appeared overnight?

eddiegunks

Piranha
MFK Member
Mar 6, 2017
Tillson NY
Hello everyone,

I've got some white growth or film on the inside of one of my tanks.

I noticed it a little bit about 12 hours ago in the corners. Now it has covered a large area inside the tank.

Nothing has changed. I tested my water it is zero, zero, 10. PH 8. Temperature 79. I did a major water change yesterday. Probably 60 to 70%.

These are my quarantine tanks for my three raise. All tanks are on a common water supply and filter system. I am running sump. I am running an AC 110. I am also running and above the tank sump (this is the tabk that has the white growth). So I have three filter is running on one system. They are all plumbed together.

I feed earthworms and hikari pellets. I farm my own worms nothing has changed.

All of the fish are acting normal. They are all eating. They are all moving around as they normally do. Nothing seems amiss in their activities.

I have turned off the problem tank from the rest of the system. I will also shut off the above filter that I have. I will search grape the inside of the tank and do a major water change on that tank.

Can anyone offer insight to what this may be? It feels a little greasy when I touch it in rub it. It rubs off the tank very easily. I did feed her a few extra earthworms yesterday. Maybe one and a half times what I normally feed in one day.

My water source tested normal. I do use filter ag plus to remove anmonia from my water supply. I filter it from the tap. The ag plus is not in the tanks. It is in a filter that my tap water comes from. 0 ammonia from the tap water now. This system has been in place for 6 weeks.

None of the other tanks that I have set up in my house or on this system show this white substance.

Could it be residue from my filter media? If so why does it only show up on one tank out of three that are on the same system? It shows up only in one tank of all the tanks and I'm currently running.

Thanks for the responses.

IMG_0007.JPG IMG_0008.JPG IMG_0009.JPG IMG_0010.JPG IMG_0011.JPG

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store