What is your favorite fish food to sniff?

FLESHY

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jan 7, 2006
Central Wisconsin
I dont know what it is...but newlife spectrum smells so good I want to eat it...I may or may not have followed through on those impulses. :D

L021

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 13, 2009
Ontario CA
I sniffed bloodworms once. Almost died, I found out that same day I'm allergic. I have some poor quality flake in my room that's not for the fish, but for nostalgia purposes :p

latshki

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 1, 2007
prince edward island, canada
I like the dried algea sheets for salt water
my coworker at the pet shop used to eat them, he tasted almost everything

L021

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 13, 2009
Ontario CA
I'm not sure what's creepier, that all you guys sniff fish food, or that I'm totally cool with it :p

L021;4392350; said:
I sniffed bloodworms once. Almost died, I found out that same day I'm allergic. I have some poor quality flake in my room that's not for the fish, but for nostalgia purposes :p

I had the exact same experience with bloodworms, AND i keep old fish food for nostalgia too. Cool.

Wet Whiskers

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Aug 28, 2008
Amongst the Catfish & Plecos
FLESHY;4391944; said:
I dont know what it is...but newlife spectrum smells so good I want to eat it...I may or may not have followed through on those impulses. :D
I've posted on a thread about the garlic smell in that stuff. Actually checked my fridge to see if that was the source of the smell. However, I don't think I can say I like it though. However, of the fish food smells, its probably the most overwhelming while least offensive. My big complaint of NLS is that it kills the smell of well cycled, healthy aqariums in my garage. That smell is strongly associated with one of my "happy places". I walked by the slightly open garage door the other day to have the smell of aquariums come wafting up. It made me laugh how much I like it, cause 10 years ago I'd think my current self was crazy.

PayaraMan

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Dec 6, 2009
Where Palm Trees Grow
This might not be fish food but I love the smell of a tank after a nice water change, More of a fresh fishy scent, As for food I am tempted to eat some FD'd blood worms I have tho I hit myself when I try, They smell like chicken to me for some reason...

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store