What keeps killing my Tetra ?

Fishyboy🐟🐟🐟

Candiru
MFK Member
May 31, 2023
It is also not the L14 either.

I put them in an extra tank with a few neons, and while the ones in the main tank keep disappearing at an alarming rate the ones with them did stay.

Next I will try the Panoquolus, then the 333.
Set up a camera to watch/record whoever is killing them during the nighttime
(I have many plecos with no signs of aggression but it may just be mine as I’ve seen another thread with a one inch pleco killing a red tail catfish)

Ansorgii

Plecostomus
MFK Member
May 31, 2016
South-West-Germany
I think I might figured out what happened, at least with the Neons and rummy noses, after putting all my plecos extra.

The silvertips were the only ones that disappeared during the day aswell, idk about those.

My theory is that during the night, while the fish were in their sleep trance, they managed to get stuck to the streaming pump. It is on the lowest setting and covered in plantparts, but that might make it more dangerous since those few free spots have a strong sucktion.

Once they were stuck there and start smelling the panaquolus cleaned them up, leaving no trace. They are fat as koi and I started to find stuck neons after removed them.

I now put the pump and light on the same timer, so that there is no real current during the night. I will also put a net/sock over the intake of the filter to be sure.

There is a Handful left that at least in the last 2 days did not deplete more, but to be sure I have to add more and see if they stay.

In the seperate Tank no fish died or disappeared with the plecos in them.

I hope this was it.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store